In our line of business, we hear a lot about how important it is to find the right tool or software for a small or growing company. Since most footfall is digital, it’s clear that the right digital marketing tools can make or break a business.
But with so many options, where do you start? In today’s article, we’ll take a look at Sendinblue in detail, including its features and pricing.
We’ll also recommend five viable Sendinblue alternatives — EngageBay, Pipedrive, Convertkit, Keap, and AWeber — and show you how these email marketing software are just as good, if not better.
Sendinblue is a well-established name in marketing automation, especially for email marketing campaigns.
Yet, as a small business that’s constantly reevaluating what works and what doesn’t, it helps to ask: is Sendinblue right for you?
In this blog post, we’ll share all the information you need to make an informed decision.
What Is Sendinblue?
While it can be used for basic marketing needs, Sendinblue also offers advanced automation functionalities that are suitable for businesses who want to accelerate their email marketing campaigns.
Before we discuss Sendinblue alternatives, let’s take a look at some of the key features this email marketing platform offers.
Sendinblue Key Features
Sendinblue offers plenty of marketing features, key among which are Facebook ads, landing pages, SMS marketing, automation of marketing workflows, shared inbox, and more.
Sendinblue allows you to leverage Facebook ads to further your marketing campaigns and extend your audience reach.
You can upload your own images, create CTA buttons, and add link tracking. You can also segment your audience list, set the budget, adjust the duration, and track the success of your campaign – all on a common dashboard.
Landing Pages and Signup Forms
Sendinblue allows you to build custom landing pages through an easy-to-use drag & drop builder. You can also customize a previous template and adjust it as per the campaign.
Email & SMS Marketing
Sendinblue has an intuitive email builder that makes it easy to create email broadcasts.
You can choose from pre-designed templates or create your own using the email builder. The email designer tool also supports dynamic content which makes it easy to create personalized emails that appeal to your target audience.
In addition to email marketing, Sendinblue also offers SMS marketing functionality. You can create a bulk SMS campaign to send to your contact list informing them of new updates, offers, discounts, etc.
The platform also supports custom workflows. You can automate simple, routine tasks or set up complex workflows with custom triggers.
Sendinblue lets your marketing team use a shared inbox so you can track your customers’ journey through the sales pipeline.
A shared inbox allows for more transparency — sales and marketing teams can communicate better when they’re on the same page.
The live chat tool is free to use and completely customizable. You can even put your business logo on the bot to drive trustworthiness and authenticity.
Then, anytime your customers or leads have a question and your staff isn’t available to answer it, the chatbot can step in and act as the middleman.
Sendinblue Pricing Plans
Sendinblue has four pricing plans to select from:
- Free for $0 a month
- Lite for $25 a month with 10k emails
- Premium for $65 a month with 20k emails
- Enterprise plan with custom pricing.
The Free plan includes these features:
- Email support
- Real-time reporting
- Page tracking
- Workflow editor
- Advanced templating language
- Core API
- SMS and transactional emails
- One shared inbox
- Sales CRM
- Custom signup forms
- Advanced segmentation
Besides the above features, the Lite plan also has:
- No sending limit per day
- Option to remove Sendinblue logo
- Optional A/B testing
The Premium plan offers the following (as well as all the above):
- Multi-user access
- Heat map reporting
- Device and geography reporting
- Real-time reporting
- Marketing automation workflows
- Three shared inboxes
- Retargeting ads
- No Sendinblue logos
- A/B testing
In the Enterprise plan, you get advanced features such as:
- SAML and SSO
- Dedicated account manager
- Advanced integrations such as FTP and Salesforce
- Phone support
- Dedicated IP
- Unlimited shared inboxes
- Unlimited landing pages
Sendinblue – Pros & Cons
- Pricing plans are affordable, considering the features offered
- Includes basic CRM functionality
- Lots of automation options for email, social media, and SMS marketing
- Lead scoring creates lists of more qualified leads, sometimes automatically
- Advanced template building options
- Sendinblue lacks many mobile features, so if you travel a lot as a marketer, you’ll probably find it hard to use this tool.
- Initial account set-up is tedious and has a steep learning curve
- Importing data is convoluted — there are no options for easy data import & export
Top 5 Sendinblue Alternatives
Now that you’re familiar with Sendinblue inside and out, we want to introduce five Sendinblue competitors for your consideration.
These are EngageBay, Pipedrive, ConvertKit, Keap, and AWeber.
We’ll go over the features, pros, and cons, and pricing of the Sendinblue alternatives one by one so you can see how they stack up against Sendinblue.
EngageBay is first on our list of Sendinblue alternatives.
It is an all-in-one digital marketing solution. A CRM software that is feature-rich and versatile, the software offers plenty of tools for marketing, sales, and customer support teams. The platform works as an email marketing software as well as a sales & customer service CRM.
EngageBay divides its services into four products: the Service Bay, CRM & Sales Bay, Marketing Bay, and All-in-One Suite.
You can watch a full product demo of EngageBay here.
- You’ll find all the features within EngageBay that you get with Sendinblue plus many sales features your small business can use all the time. These features include deal management, CRM telephony, project management, lead scoring, appointment scheduling, and 360-degree customer views.
- EngageBay’s CRM is always free to use
- EngageBay’s pricing is catered towards small businesses rather than SMBs, so it’s more affordable
- Responsive customer support
- Advanced integration options — even more than Sendinblue for the same price point.
EngageBay’s Marketing Bay includes four pricing plans:
- Free plan at $0 a month: Includes 500 contacts & 1,000 branded emails
- Basic plan at $12.99 per user, per month: Includes 1,000 contacts & 2,500 branded emails
- Growth plan at $24.99 per user, per month: 20,000 contacts & 20,000 branded emails
- Pro plan at $49.99 per user, per month: Includes 30,000 contacts & 30,000 branded emails
All prices mentioned above are for monthly payments. Annual subscriptions come with a 20% off, and biennial plans with a 40% discount.
Pipedrive is a cloud-based pipeline management and sales CRM tool. It offers services like automation, metrics tracking, and deal management.
- Unlike Sendinblue, which doesn’t focus as strongly on its mobile user base, Pipedrive has its own iOS and Android app. It also integrates with many apps your small business might already use.
- Pipedrive’s reports are customizable so you can create reports with insights that matter most to your team at the time.
- The leads inbox is a nice feature akin to Sendinblue’s team inbox that lets you manage leads within Pipedrive so they never get lost.
Pipedrive has four plans:
- Essential for $12.50 per user per month
- Advanced for $24.90 per user per month
- Professional for $49.90 per user per month
- Enterprise for $99 per user per month
All these prices are as per the annual payment plan.
Additional features include Pipedrive’s web visitor add-on for $41.
According to Pipedrive, this feature tells you more about who’s on your website — including how long they spent on the site, which pages or elements they engaged with, and how the visitor found your site.
For more experienced marketers, Pipedrive might be one of the closest Sendinblue alternatives that offer advanced functionalities.
ConvertKit is an email service provider and email marketing software. Its features include landing page and email builders, workflow automation, and email marketing.
- ConvertKit & Sendinblue have many similar features, and Convertkit offers a lower price point.
- The commerce tool offered with ConvertKit, called ConvertKit Commerce, is a great inclusion for small businesses and startups eager for growth.
- Extensive workflow integrations including Zapier, WordPress, SumoMe, etc.
ConvertKit’s three pricing plans are:
- Free at $0 a month
- Creator starting at $29 a month
- Creator Pro starting at $59 a month
These pricing plans are for 1,000 subscribers. The prices increase as the number of subscribers increases, i.e., ConvertKit has a sliding scale pricing model.
For instance, if you’re scaling operations and you need more than 50,000 subscribers, the most advanced plan costs upwards of $500 a month!
Although ConvertKit is a great marketing automation platform, its pricing makes it out of the league of most small businesses and startups.
#4. Keap (Infusionsoft)
Keap is another tool that is on our list of Sendinblue alternatives. Formerly known as Infusionsoft, Keap is a marketing, sales, CRM, and automation company.
They offer solutions for all your online marketing needs including email marketing, appointment scheduling, reporting & analytics, automation for sales and marketing, sales pipelines, and CRM.
- Keap has four products designed for businesses at all stages, including Keap Lite for small businesses and startups.
- It offers automation at different levels depending on your pricing plan, with basic and advanced automation workflows available.
- You can integrate Keap CRM with tools like Outlook, Gmail, Zapier, etc.
Keap, like ConvertKit, has three plans:
- Lite starting at $79 a month
- Pro starting at $169 a month
- Max starting at $199 a month.
Keap does not offer a free plan, unlike the other software tools discussed.
You can take advantage of Keap’s pricing discounts for the first three months of your subscription.
At that rate, the Lite plan costs only $40 a month, the Pro plan $85 a month, and the Max plan $100 a month.
The above pricing plans apply only if you have up to 500 contacts. The prices increase as your contact list grows.
AWeber is the last on our list of Sendinblue alternatives.
Their software includes list-building, data reporting, workflow automation, email and landing page design, and email deliverability tools, all essential for online marketing & marketing campaigns.
- AWeber is more mobile-friendly than Sendinblue. For remote & traveling teams, this is a plus point.
- It offers a lot more automation features than Sendinblue, as well as, customized templates for email communication.
- The pricing plan is affordable, even as you add more subscribers to your list.
AWeber keeps it simple in the pricing department, but their pricing also follows the sliding scale model.
Here’s a rundown of what you’ll have to pay, billed annually:
- 0 – 500 subscribers – $16.15 a month
- 501 – 2,500 subscribers – $26.15 a month
- 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers – $46.15 a month
- 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers – $66.15 a month
- 10,001 – 25,000 subscribers – $146.15 a month
The free plan is only for 500 subscribers and can work for businesses that are just starting out and do not require advanced marketing features.
Sendinblue is a reliable platform that offers several key functionalities that are crucial for online marketing. However, the best alternatives to Sendinblue, as listed in this blog, offer the same value or even more. You can try them for free and take a call on which marketing automation tool you like best.
Our recommendation for small business owners, agencies, freelancers, solopreneurs, and startups is EngageBay — the software equips you with all the tools you need to scale and grow your email marketing, sales automation, and customer support activities.
It’s also quite simple to switch from Sendinblue to EngageBay — reach out to us and we’ll help you export your account for free.
Want to read some user reviews first? Take a look at what customers are saying about EngageBay on the reviews platform SourceForge.