A sales Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool plays a vital role in the success of any business organization. If you’re a business owner or an entrepreneur, we’re sure you’ve come across Pipedrive.
Pipedrive is an excellent CRM solution for sales management, but it doesn’t do the job for everybody.
For your business to grow and thrive, you need to consciously focus on the three key aspects: marketing, sales, and customer service. Pipedrive CRM offers only sales tools.
To save you some time, we’ve compiled this guide to show you the best alternatives to Pipedrive:
- Agile CRM
Table of Contents
What is Pipedrive?
Pipedrive is a sales CRM tool that offers automation, lead generation and qualification, communications tracking, insights, and deal pipelines. According to Pipedrive, the platform “helps you sell 28% more.”
Pipedrive CRM offers a lot of tools, but since it’s a CRM tool built mostly for sales teams, it lacks the comprehensive functionalities that some other all-in-one CRM software come with. Let’s look at the key features:
Pipedrive’s CRM software allows you to qualify and score leads based on their journey through the sales pipeline and online behavior. You can set up custom workflows and targeted marketing campaigns to nurture and engage with new leads and retain existing ones.
You can also segment leads based on the acquisition channel and create personalized outreach campaigns.
With Pipedrive, you can track and view your communication history with your leads. It also notifies you when a lead has opened an email or SMS — this can help you score leads and send the right content at the right time.
In addition to that, Pipedrive automatically logs and updates all communication so that you can refer back when needed.
One of the biggest perks of Pipedrive CRM is its simple-to-use interface. The design is intuitive and easy to navigate, important for small businesses or sales teams.
Another advantage is that the platform is easily customizable. Teams can make changes as per their preferences and requirements.
Pipedrive offers several automation tools that can help you scale your sales processes. You can automate workflows, contacts, lead communications, and notifications to help you streamline your tasks.
Reporting & Analytics
Every CRM tool must be equipped with robust reporting capabilities. Pipedrive offers several custom dashboards and reports that can give you actionable insights into your sales performance and suggestions for improvements.
You can also create individual tasks or goals for your sales team members on a unified, common dashboard.
As with most CRM options, Pipedrive offers several integrations to enhance the platform’s capabilities. Users can integrate with Zapier, Slack, Google Meet, and 150+ tools to accelerate productivity.
Pipedrive offers four pricing plans, depending on your preferences and needs.
Billed from $15/month per user
- Includes features such as Lead, deal, calendar, and pipeline management
- Simple data import and easy customization
- 24/7 support and 275+ integrations
Billed from $29/month per user
- Includes features like full email sync with templates and scheduling
- Group emailing plus open and click tracking
- Workflow builder with triggered automations
Billed from $59/month per user
- Includes features such as upgraded reports and visual dashboards
- Revenue forecasts and win projections
- Document and contract management
Billed from $119/month per user
- Unlimited user permissions and teams
- Tailored security settings and preferences
- Implementation program and phone support
- No feature usage limits
Pipedrive — Pros & Cons
No CRM software is perfect. As we mentioned before, Pipedrive is a sales-only CRM.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Pipedrive CRM — these points show why you need a Pipedrive alternative:
- Intuitive interface, simple-to-use design
- Accessible pricing plans for medium-sized businesses
- Includes many sales management features
- Custom reporting and dashboards
Pipedrive’s excellent mobile app makes it easy for SMB owners and agents “stay on top of their CRM process” even on the go:
- Is not an all-in-one CRM solution
- Limited marketing functionalities
- Does not offer high-level integrations
- Limited scalability
- No helpdesk and ticketing system
- Expensive add-ons for lead generation, live chat, and web analytics
Lots of users also complained about the customer support (or the lack thereof):
Top Pipedrive Alternatives That Can Do More
Let’s look at the Pipedrive alternatives in detail now.
EngageBay is an all-in-one digital marketing & CRM solution. It’s a feature-rich and versatile CRM software that offers plenty of tools for marketing automation, sales planning, and customer support. Loved by thousands, EngageBay is among the top alternatives to Pipedrive.
Since it’s geared towards small businesses and startups, the platform is scalable and adaptable. In addition, EngageBay’s CRM is always free to use.
- Powerful reporting options
- Live chat, helpdesk, and marketing support
- Quick customer support
- Affordable pricing plans without additional hidden fees
- Free onboarding and migration services
EngageBay offers four plans: Free, Basic, Growth, and Pro.
- Free: Includes 500 contacts and 1,000 branded emails
- Basic: Costs $14.99/month, includes 1,000 contacts and 3,000 branded emails
- Growth: Costs $49.99/month for 10,000 contacts and 25,000 branded emails
- Pro: Costs $99.99/month for unlimited contacts and 50,000 branded emails
All users get an additional 10% discount for annual subscriptions and a 20% discount on biennial subscriptions.
EngageBay’s users love our incredible and expert customer support, and our streamlined UI makes the platform pretty easy to use:
Don’t have time to read? Watch our video on the best Pipedrive alternatives:
When it comes to CRM, HubSpot is the go-to software due to its pitch-perfect features. HubSpot divides its tools into the Marketing Hub, the Service Hub, and the Sales Hub.
Like EngageBay, HubSpot offers a free-forever CRM.
- Multilevel automation through powerful visual workflows
- Drag-and-drop page editing tools, with the option to code for better precision and control
- One of the best in the CRM industry
- Free-forever CRM with limited tools
HubSpot CRM Suite offers four plans:
- Starter: $50/month for 1,000 marketing contacts
- Professional: $1,780/month for 2,000 marketing contacts
- Enterprise: $5,000/month for 10,000 marketing contacts
Pipedrive may have a lot of features that make it a viable software solution, but it’s not exactly scalable. Salesforce is, and it’s for that reason (and many others!) that it’s earned a spot on this list.
Salesforce has a whole laundry list of features, from its CRM with 360-degree customer insights, marketing and sales services, eCommerce solutions, a small business platform, customer success tools, and Tableau, Salesforce’s own analytics platform.
- AI-driven solutions, including automation and analytics
- Comprehensive CRM that works with a Data Cloud to connect your team
- Marketing personalization and engagement solutions to nurture and engage your audience
- B2B and B2C commerce solutions
Salesforce divides its services into four pricing plans:
- Essentials for $25 per user per month
- Professional for $75 per user per month
- Enterprise for $150 per user per month
- Unlimited for $300 per user per month
Each pricing plan includes access to the Salesforce mobile app, email integration with Outlook or Gmail, and contact, opportunity, account, and lead management.
Zoho is a scalable solution, much like Salesforce. Designed for small businesses to larger ones and everything in between, Zoho features sales solutions like SalesIQ, CRM, bookings, forms, and its pipeline management solution, Bigin.
Zoho’s suite of marketing tools includes campaign assistance, forms, surveying, social media management, webinar tools, and a website conversion personalization and optimization platform.
- Create customized apps, forms, and landing pages
- Automate sales and marketing tasks to save time
- Choose between basic CRM and the advanced features in CRM Plus
- Review campaign successes, sales performances, and more with detailed insights
If you select Zoho’s annual plan, here’s how much you’d pay for each plan:
- Standards for $14 per user per month
- Professional for $23 per user per month
- Enterprise for $40 per user per month
- Ultimate for $52 per user per month
All the plans feature some form of salesforce automation, automation workflow rules, homepage customization, custom fields, custom dashboards and reports, email templates, social profile integration, and mass emails.
How does a free CRM sound? If you’re interested, it might be time to try one of the most popular Pipedrive alternatives: Freshsales. Besides its five-star CRM software, you can also access marketing automation features and customer support tools with the Freshworks suite.
- A unified messaging platform makes it easy to communicate with customers no matter their progress in the sales funnel
- Conversational, multichannel CRM integrates with all your favorite tools
- Automation in the sales and marketing spheres will save double the time
- Free trials are available
The sales services featured in the Freshsales platform are priced as follows (annual plan pricing):
- Growth for $15 per user per month
- Pro for $39 per user per month
- Enterprise for $69 per user per month
Between the three plans, you gain access to features like contact management, time-based workflows, deal management, multiple sales pipelines, audit logs, account management, and AI-powered insights.
Among the best alternatives to Pipedrive, Copper CRM has solutions for tracking deals, organizing contacts, and generating reports.
Copper CRM integrates with Google Workspace for an efficient solution, and its software also includes email and marketing tools.
- Mobile app runs CRM
- Integrates with tools like Gmail, Mailchimp, Zapier, QuickBooks, Calendly, Google Drive, LinkedIn, and Google Sheets
- Custom reports show business progress and growth
- Try for free before you buy
If you’re contemplating making the switch to Copper, you can pick from these pricing plans (annual plan pricing):
- Basic for $29 per user per month
- Professional for $69 per user per month
- Business for $134 per user per month
The features you can use across the three plans are reporting, contact enrichment, workflow automation, website tracking, team collaboration, lead scoring, drip campaigns, and email sequences.
#7. Agile CRM
The customer service, sales enablement, and marketing automation solutions Agile CRM provide make this a smart alternative to Pipedrive. The suite of productivity tools will make your team more efficient.
Agile’s CRM sales automation software, its starring feature, includes detailed analytics, instant alerts, lead scoring, deal tracking, and contact views.
- Sales enablement features include everything from gamification to appointment scheduling, lead scoring, and telephony
- Email marketing has custom and prepackaged templates
- Drag-and-drop email builder improves email campaign deployment times
- Free plan available
Agile CRM Pricing
Let’s take a closer look at Agile CRM’s costs.
- Free for $0 per month (up to 10 users)
- Starter for $8.99 per month
- Regular for $29.99 per month
- Enterprise for $47.99 per month
The four plans include features like lead scoring, custom data fields, appointment scheduling, custom deal milestones, email tracking, and unlimited documents, deals, and tasks.
Bitrix24 could also replace Pipedrive in your everyday business software suite. This solution includes HR and automation tools, CRM, and collaborative features like videoconferencing, employee polls, and a live newsfeed.
The CRM has team management, lead management, client communication, and omnichannel marketing features.
- CRM is mobile-friendly for taking customer data with you whether you’re on vacation or traveling for work
- Project management features help you stay on top of tasks
- Many support options
- Free plan for unlimited users
As a Bitrix24 customer, you can choose between these pricing plans (annual pricing):
- Free for $0 per month
- Basic for $61 per month and five users
- Standard for $99 a month and 50 users
- Professional for $249 a month and 100 users
All the pricing plans feature some level of collaboration, tasks, and projects, with the Free plan offering the fewest features and no customer support.
Capsule also makes for a great alternative to Pipedrive. Capsule’s solutions simplify CRM technology, so businesses of any size can master customer insights and grow fast.
Other tools included in the software are tasks, calendar, sales analytics, email marketing, sales pipeline, and contact management.
- Visualize your sales pipeline to identify bottlenecks
- Make email templates from scratch or use a template library
- Automate sales and marketing tasks
- Try a two-week free trial
Capsule offers the following pricing plans:
- Professional for $13 per user per month
- Teams for $27 per user per month
- Enterprise for $40 per user per month
With a basic plan, you can use features like activity reporting, email sending, sales pipeline, email templates, and project management.
A low-cost CRM solution to explore among all Pipedrive alternatives is Nutshell. It has sales automation, pipeline management, contact management, email marketing, web forms, and reporting and analytics.
You can even unify Nutshell with software solutions like RingCentral, Google Workspace, Slack, Office 365, Constant Contact, and Unbounce.
- Board view pipeline management with drag-and-drop leads
- Personal email sequences for immediate audience nurturing
- CRM contact importing from nearly anywhere
- Team collaboration tools, including on mobile devices
Nutshell makes it easy to choose a pricing plan with two options available:
- Foundation for $16 per user per month
- Pro for $42 per user per month
The Foundation plan includes features like:
- Calendar and email syncing
- Drag-and-drop pipeline board
- Lead and sales reporting
The Pro plan has these features:
- Unlimited pipelines
- Full reporting suite
- Sales automation
ActiveCampaign — another excellent alternative to Pipedrive — is an email marketing and marketing automation platform that gives small businesses tools and functionalities to drive growth.
It’s mostly a customer experience platform, so all features are geared toward customer service teams.
- Advanced reporting and customization options
- Offers CRM tools, though that is not the focus of the platform
- Aimed at small to medium-sized businesses
- A customer experience platform – you can create targeted email campaigns, nurture existing leads, and drive revenue by focusing on creating a customer-first experience
ActiveCampaign has four pricing plans:
If you have 1,000 contacts, this is what you would pay each month, billed yearly:
- Lite: $25/month
- Plus: $49/month
- Professional: $149/month
- Enterprise: Custom-priced
The cost increases depending on the number of contacts you have.
Every plan has basic marketing and email marketing automation features. The more expensive plans offer advanced features and customization options.
GetResponse offers solutions for all inbound marketing needs. This includes email marketing, landing page creator, webinars, paid ads, and live chat.
- Similar to EngageBay, GetResponse has a free-forever plan for new businesses; Includes a suite of free marketing tools
- Advanced list segmentation, autoresponders, and custom workflows
- You can also host webinars on GetResponse. The platform allows you to host unlimited webinars and send invites to a segment of your contact list
- Web push notifications and chatbots are additional features offered by the platform
GetResponse has four pricing plans depending on your list size. For 1,000 contacts:
- Basic: $15/month
- Plus: $49/month
- Professional: $99/month
The free-forever plan offers:
- Email marketing
- Website builder
- Domain connection
- Up to 500 contacts
- Landing pages and sign-up forms
Some users found the platform difficult to use, especially during the initial stages:
Insightly CRM is a unified customer relationship management software that aligns marketing, sales, and customer support teams on a common platform.
It is mainly targeted toward small business owners managing and executing marketing campaigns, building contact lists, and growing their audience base.
- Insightly CRM offers social media management. It also tracks and analyzes metrics based on media profiles
- The platform is simple to use and has an intuitive interface
- It also offers different products for specific marketing needs
Insightly offers different marketing plans for each product: InsightlyCRM, Marketing, AppConnect, and Service. We’ll take a look at the CRM pricing structure below.
- Plus: $29/month
- Professional: $49/month
- Enterprise: $99/month
As you can see, there are no free plans, and the starting price is quite steep.
Shopping around for a CRM is tricky because it’s all about finding the best fit for your company’s needs. Many factors won’t show up when you conduct initial research. Additional implementation costs and lack of training resources can be significant hindrances.
All the Pipedrive alternatives we discussed above offer robust solutions. They can do anything that Pipedrive does, and sometimes more.
Pipedrive is a good choice if you have a small sales team that deals with fewer leads.
However, if you’re looking for a more comprehensive marketing automation platform that prioritizes customer engagement and support, you should try EngageBay.
EngageBay offers powerful features, including sales pipeline management, marketing automation, contact management, omnichannel marketing, a visual workflow automation builder, project management, mobile apps, knowledge bases — the list goes on.
We believe that the best way to know if you’re making the right choice is to take the software for a trial run. Unfortunately, Pipedrive doesn’t offer a free plan, although it does have a free trial for 14 days.
EngageBay, on the other hand, offers a free-forever plan with no expiry date and no credit card commitment.
Navigate through the top HubSpot competitors with our expert guide. Learn about each software’s pros, cons, and pricing.