When ConvertKit first launched, it was known for its competitive pricing. ConvertKit came in as one of the cheapest options on the market and had a clean interface that made it easy to use.
However, ConvertKit pricing is quite out of reach for most small businesses. That’s because ConvertKit has a sliding scale plan.
If you have under a thousand contacts, ConvertKit will cost $29 a month to begin with. But when you scale operations and need more than 50,000 subscribers, you’ll be paying at least $379 a month, or $519 for enterprise-grade features.
That means the cost difference between getting started with ConvertKit and running your business smoothly after you scale is about 1,780 percent!
Do you still want ConvertKit? If not, we have some great alternatives for you: EngageBay, AWeber, and InfusionSoft (Keap).
In this article, we’ll detail ConvertKit pricing plans and features, and share similar details for the best ConvertKit alternatives.
By the time you’re done reading this blog post, you’ll know which email marketing software is the best choice for your small business.
How Much Does ConvertKit Cost?
We’ve discussed ConvertKit in some of our other blogs too.
ConvertKit is an email autoresponder software designed specifically for bloggers and business owners who are in the trenches of running their own online business. You can use it to easily create landing pages, sales funnels, delayed sends, and A/B test content.
You can also manage blog posts, email marketing automation, and e-commerce platform integration.
But what do ConvertKit pricing and details look like in 2021?
Well, that depends on which of ConvertKit’s three plans you select from. These plans are the Free, Creator, and Creator Pro. Let’s take a closer look at each.
ConvertKit Free Plan
The most affordable plan is always the one in which you pay $0. But the problem is, like most other software, ConvertKit limits what you can do with the free plan.
You can only manage 1,000 subscribers at a time. You also don’t get integrations, premium support, email sequences, and automated funnels.
Here are the features available for free:
- Subscriber tagging
- Custom domain name
- Email broadcasts
- As many forms and landing forms as you wish
According to ConvertKit, their Free plan is ideal for companies that are just beginning to build an audience.
ConvertKit Creator Plan
ConvertKit gives you the option to use the Creator Plan features free for 14 days on a trial basis. The features of the Creator plan include integrations, premium support, automated email sequences, and automated funnels.
You also get free migration from any other tool.
ConvertKit charges on a sliding scale based on your subscribers. Here’s ConvertKit pricing for the Creator plan:
- 1,000 subscribers – $29 a month
- 3,000 subscribers – $49 a month
- 5,000 subscribers – $79 a month
- 10,000 subscribers – $119 a month
- 15,000 subscribers – $149 a month
- 25,000 subscribers – $199 a month
- 45,000 subscribers – $319 a month
ConvertKit Creator Pro Plan
The other ConvertKit pricing plan is the Creator Pro. Here are the features added in this plan:
- Newsletter referral system access
- Email broadcast redirect links
- Facebook custom audiences
- Priority support
- Subscriber engagement scoring
- Deliverability reporting
- Team invitations
Like the Creator plan, ConvertKit charges you for the Creator Pro plan by your number of subscribers.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 1,000 subscribers – $59 a month
- 3,000 subscribers – $79 a month
- 5,000 subscribers – $111 a month
- 10,000 subscribers – $167 a month
- 15,000 subscribers – $209 a month
- 25,000 subscribers – $279 a month
- 45,000 subscribers – $447 a month
You can try the Creator Pro plan with a free trial or as a personalized demo for the higher pricing tiers.
It’s worth noting that both the Creator and Creator Pro plans can support more than 900,000 subscribers. At that point though, you’d have to pay a custom price.
How Does ConvertKit Pricing Compare With Competition?
If you stick to a few thousand subscribers, ConvertKit is not terribly expensive.
But to grow your business, we recommend considering EngageBay, AWeber, and InfusionSoft (Keap).
EngageBay is an all-in-one marketing and sales software, with integrated CRM.
Considering you’re looking for email marketing solutions for your small business, we’ll talk about the Marketing Bay here.
Every product from EngageBay can be used in four plans: Free, Basic, Growth, and Pro. Here’s the pricing of each plan in the Marketing Bay.
EngageBay Free Plan
The Free plan from EngageBay – like that of ConvertKit – is always free.
However, EngageBay offers a much richer set of features for the $0 plan:
- 1,000 branded emails
- 500 subscribers
- Contacts Segmentation
- Embedded forms
- Email builder
- Social suite
- Reporting dashboard
- Live Chat
- Facebook Ads
- Landing page builder
- Email sequences
- Email templates
- Contacts Lists
- Lead Grabbers
- Predictive Lead Scoring
- Web pop-ups
- Tag management
- Custom fields
- Video marketing
- Desktop notifications
- SSL landing pages
- 1 GB file storage
- File repository
- Chat and email support
EngageBay Basic Plan
The Marketing Bay Basic plan costs $12.99 a month per user for 2,500 branded emails and 1,000 contacts. It has all the same features as the Free plan.
EngageBay Growth Plan
The Growth plan gives you access to 20,000 subscribers and 20,000 branded emails for $24.99 a month.
Besides all the features listed above, this plan adds the following:
- 5 GB of file storage
- Site messaging
- A/B testing for email broadcasts and landing pages
- Workflow and automation nodes
- Coding your own Landing Pages
- Push notifications
- Marketing automation
- Web rules
- 15 nodes for marketing automation
- Automation triggers
- Email delivery based on time zones
- Free onboarding
- Dedicated account manager
EngageBay Pro Plan
In the Pro plan, you can send 30,000 branded emails to 30,000 contacts, for $49.99 a month per user. It adds advanced features like:
- 20 GB of file storage
- Custom landing page domains
- Custom reporting
- Web analytics
- Role management
- Team hierarchy
- Phone support
- 30 Nodes for marketing automation
You can sign up for a demo of EngageBay’s services before you pay for one of their plans.
AWeber strives to make email marketing easy so you have more time to run the other aspects of your business. They also keep their pricing simple, giving you two choices: the Free plan and the Pro plan.
Related blog: AWeber Alternatives — Which One Should You Choose?
AWeber Free Plan
AWeber’s free plan is also absolutely free, $0 a month forever. Like EngageBay, you can add 500 subscribers in this free plan.
Here are the email marketing features under this plan:
- 3,000 emails a month
- Newsletter creation and sending
- RSS to email
- Email templates
- Dynamic content
- Hosted broadcast archive
- Email automation
- List profile
- Drag-and-drop email builder
- HTML emails
- AMP emails
- Professional image library
AWeber also offers these features as part of the Free plan:
- Unlimited landing pages, including video landing pages
- Custom domains for landing pages
- Facebook pixel tracking and Google Analytics
- List-building WordPress plugins and sign-up forms
- Basic segmentation and tagging
- Basic messaging and subscriber analytics
- Ecommerce Solution Integration
- Unlimited team users
- Free migration
- 24/7 chat, email, and phone live support
AWeber Pro Plan
The Pro plan is a paid option where you’re charged based on the number of subscribers. Before we get into pricing, let’s talk features.
Besides the above Free plan email marketing features, the Pro plan also unlocks these email features:
- Unlimited subscribers
- Unlimited list profiles
- Unlimited emails
- A/B testing for emails
- Branded click-tracking links
- Behavioral automation
- No AWeber branding
Here are the other features outside of email marketing available as part of the Pro plan:
- No branded AWeber landing pages
- A/B testing for sign-up forms
- Custom segmentation
- Advanced account, audience, and messaging analytics, including webpage tracking
- Ecommerce purchase tagging, cart abandonment, and sales tracking
- Web push notifications for subscriber collection, analytics, and message sending
AWeber lets you try the Pro plan for free as part of a trial. Pricing details are as follows:
- 500 subscribers – $19.99 a month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers – $29.99 a month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $49.99 a month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $69.99 a month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $149.99 a month
#3. InfusionSoft (Keap)
The last ConvertKit alternative we want to discuss is InfusionSoft, which is now called Keap.
With plenty of tools for marketers, salespeople, and business owners who need CRM, Keap divides its services into four plans.
These are Lite, Pro, Max, and Max Classic.
Each plan has its own pricing. To note, unlike every other email marketing software we’ve discussed today, Keap offers no free plan.
Keap Lite Plan
The Lite plan is intended for new businesses and startups. This option starts at $79 for 500 contacts and one user. For all the plans, you get discounts for the first five months.
The Lite plan includes the following features:
- Contact management
- Saved contact lists, filters, and searches
- Basic web forms
- Contact segmentation through tagging
- Mobile app access
- Email marketing
- Email syncing with Outlook and Gmail
- Phone line and SMS messaging
- Easy automation and reminders
- Basic smart forms
- Limited API integrations
- Reporting with default user roles
- Data migration support
- Expert phone support and chat
Keap Pro Plan
This one’s intended for service-based “established” companies. It starts at $159 a month for 500 contacts and one user. You can use all the Lite plan features as well as:
- Advanced web forms
- Company records
- Landing pages
- A/B testing for email marketing
- Pipeline automation and campaign builder automation
- Full API integrations
Keap Max Plan
This plan starts at $199 a month for 500 contacts and one user. It adds these advanced features:
- Lead scoring
- Custom dashboard
- Advanced smart forms
- Reports with custom user roles and affiliate management
Keap Sliding Scale
Now, you’re probably wondering what you should do if you need more than 500 contacts.
Keap has a sliding scale for all its plans, so if you need more contacts, your plan pricing changes like this:
- 1,000 contacts – $109 a month for Lite, $189 for Pro, and $229 for Max
- 5,000 contacts – $209 a month for Lite, $289 for Pro, and $329 for Max
- 10,000 contacts – $279 a month for Lite, $359 for Pro, and $399 for Max
- 25,000 contacts – $379 a month for Lite, $459 for Pro, and $499 for Max
Adding every new user to your business account costs $30 per user.
For more than 25,000 contacts and for the enterprise-grade Max Classic plan, you need to contact Keap and get a price quote.
What Is the Most Affordable ConvertKit Alternative?
ConvertKit pricing isn’t bad, but you can see there are more affordable options out there. So, which one of these marketing automation software is the most affordable, the smartest option for your business?
Keap is definitely not. Its monthly pricing might not look that much higher than ConvertKit pricing, but there’s a sliding scale and that changes everything.
AWeber has a free plan for small businesses and startups on a budget. You also get a handful of useful features all for $0 a month.
The downside? AWeber is not a full-fledged CRM and marketing software. If you use AWeber, you’ll still need other software for a lot of your business needs.
That’s why we recommend EngageBay. This is a unified, all-in-one marketing automation software that comes with integrated CRM, sales tools, and even Live Chat.
If you’re a small business or startup, you must be pinching pennies. ConvertKit pricing can get overwhelming, and that’s why EngageBay makes so much sense.
EngageBay’s all-in-one sales and marketing software can be just the solution you’re looking for.
And with the free-forever integrated CRM, SMS broadcasts, in-built telephony, custom reports, your own domain, and even uptime SLA, you can take your small business to the next level today.
The Free plan EngageBay offers is simply unbeatable, packed with features you’d usually have to pay hundreds of dollars for.
Don’t believe us? Hear from the marketing guru Neil Patel. Yes, that’s right! EngageBay is an award-winning software recommended by Neil Patel.