Jay Baer is a New York Times bestselling author, entrepreneur, and speaker. His popular books include Hug Your Haters and Youtility.
He’s been an advisor to The United Nations and more than 700 companies, including Caterpillar, Nike, and 36 of the FORTUNE 500 brands.
As an entrepreneur, he founded Convince & Convert among other brands, and his podcasts include Social Pros and The Talk Triggers Video Show.
He is also a ‘certified tequila sommelier’ 🙂
In this blog post, we’ve compiled some of the most awesome and inspiring Jay Baer quotes.
These inspiring and witty quotes from his talks and books can help you try harder at whatever you’re trying to achieve in life or business.
Let’s get started!
- “Content is fire and social media is gasoline.”
- “The more you know about your customers, the more you can provide to them information that is increasingly useful, relevant, and persuasive.”
- “Social media is an ingredient, not an entree.”
- “The goal is not to be good at social media, the goal is to be good at business because of social media.”
- “The difference between helping and selling is just two letters. But those two letters are critically important to the success of business today.”
- “Content is the emotional and informational bridge between commerce and consumer.”
- “Social media changes the relationship between companies and customers from master and servant, to peer to peer.”
- “A lot of companies are still using social media as the world’s shortest press release.”
- “Content that helps is superior to content that sells.”
- “Passion is the gasoline of social media.”
- “You have to understand not just what your customers need, but how and where they prefer to access information.”
- “You must market your marketing.”
- “Give away everything you know, one bite at a time.
- “Build with advocacy, follow with influence. Your employees are your biggest brand advocates.”
- “You must fight social media fire with social media water.”
- “Customers are ninjas now. They are stealthily evaluating you under your nose.”
- “The future of marketing isn’t big data, it’s big understanding.”
- “True advocacy is born from culture, not technology or marketing.”
- “Never build your content ship on rented land.”
- “When brands talk about themselves in real-time, it’s just boring faster.”
- “Stop creating reports and start creating understanding.”
- “We are surrounded by data, but starved for insights.”
- “Stop trying to be amazing and start being useful.”
- “Text is the gateway drug to real-time marketing.”
- “Every page of content you’ve created could be the first interaction with your website. Think of every page as a homepage.”
- “No one comes to your website to be entertained. They have questions they think you can answer. Content answers questions.”
- “There’s a lot of fear-mongering about “losing control” of your brand online, when in fact, you’ve got control over as much as you always have: how you present your business and how you act.”
- “This is the bar your content has to clear on social: “Are you more interesting to me than my wife?”
- “Social media allows big companies to act small again.”
- “Social media is about people, not logos.”
- “True influence drives action, not just awareness.”
- “If you want to measure social media ROI, stop wasting your time doing software demos and attending webinars. Just figure out what you want to track, where you can track it, think about both current customers and new customers, and go do it.”
- “Realize that the social media success equation isn’t big moves on the chess board, it’s little moves made every day that eventually add up to a major shift.”
- “Everything ultimately comes down to trust.”
- “Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.”
- “The goals of content are consumption, then behavior. The goals of social are participation, then behavior.”
- “All companies would be better off if they stopped trying to be amazing and just focus on being useful.”
- “The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army.”
There you have it, some of the best Jay Baer quotes to help you thrive in the complex and confusing world of business and social media.
For more such compilations of awesome quotes, check out our recent blog posts:
- 250 Marketing Quotes from Top Leaders
- 50+ Grant Cardone Quotes That Will Drive You To Success
- Best James Altucher Quotes to Make You Feel Better About Life
- 40 Social Media Marketing Quotes for Today’s Business Environment
- The Best Quotes From Seth Godin, the Modern Marketing Guru
- 10 Motivational Quotes From the Great Sales Champion, Tom Hopkins
Now, if you have any comments, feel free and share what you think. We’d love to hear your thoughts on the blog.