A smart, new-age author, podcaster, investor, and entrepreneur, James Altucher has shared many opinions about life and business, some of which are even a bit controversial.
James Altucher is the author of 18 books, including the Wall Street Journal bestsellers The Power of No and Choose Yourself. His book Reinvent Yourself was a runaway bestseller on Amazon.
His writing has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Observer, Techcrunch, The Financial Times, and Yahoo! Finance.
There are a lot of James Altucher quotes that can serve as the gist of all his opinions and pieces of advice.
If you ask me, these are great life lessons. That’s probably why his podcast The James Altucher Show has millions of downloads.
In this article, I’ve compiled some of the most notable James Altucher quotes.
Enjoy, and share the ones you like.
- “Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure.”
- “Your competition is not other people but the time you kill, the ill will you create, the knowledge you neglect to learn, the connections you fail to build, the health you sacrifice along the path, your inability to generate ideas, the people around you who don’t support and love your efforts, and whatever god you curse for your bad luck.”
- “Don’t stay at the job for safe salary increases over time. That will never get you where you want – freedom from financial worry. Only free time, imagination, creativity, and an ability to disappear will help you deliver value that nobody ever delivered before in the history of mankind.”
- “The only way to make real wealth is to get rid of your salary. In a salary, by definition, you are creating wealth for others, and you are creating a chain and handcuffs for yourself.”
- “Nothing ever works out when you are at the whim of others. It doesn’t matter if you are an entrepreneur or an employee.”
- “Success comes from continually expanding your frontiers in every direction — creatively, financially, spiritually, and physically.”
- “If you don’t give yourself permission to create a new world, chances are nobody else will.”
- “The absolute best sure-fire way to make a good living is to help someone else make a good living.”
- “The universe wants us to have fun doing more than one thing in life. That’s how it learns. You don’t have one purpose in life. You have maybe 500 or so.”
- “If two people believe in the same story, they might be thousands of miles apart and total strangers, but they still have a sense they can trust each other.”
- “Don’t regret your mistakes. You’ll always make mistakes. The better you are, the less mistakes you make. The only way to get better is to thoroughly analyze your mistakes.”
- “Life is cold. People stay warm through the intimacy of a story.”
- “Whenever things are good, I always worry about what could go wrong.”
- “I can tell you this: Everything in my life that I am happy about is a product of a huge mistake.”
- “Worry will never solve tomorrow’s problems. It will only take energy away from today.”
- “Every tomorrow is determined by every today.”
- “Nobody is more worthy of love in the entire universe than you. I wish I had reminded myself of that more.”
- “People unconsciously know when you are not listening to them. Then they say ‘No’ to you.”
- “Honesty is about the scars. It’s about the blemishes. But it’s more than just about bragging about failure, which could be a form of ego. It’s about truly helping people.”
- “Become a beacon of enhancement, and then, when the night is gray, all of the boats will move towards you, bringing their bountiful riches.”
- “Read every book, blog, website, whatever, about what you want to be an expert in.”
- “Mastery begins where formal education ends.”
- “The definition of ‘success’ for me is: ‘Is today successful?'”
- “Help is a conversation. If one side talks too much, the other side will get bored. So make sure you help back when you can.”
- “Be honest about mistakes. Even if you are afraid of what people think.”
- “Read every sentence you write out loud. If it sounds boring, kill it.”
- “You can only make money doing what you love.”
- “I made so many mistakes in my first successful business. I’m almost embarrassed to recount them.”
Empower your CRM strategy with the wisdom of industry experts – learn from the best quotes on customer relationship management
One of the many interesting tidbits from James Altucher’s life is that he didn’t get any success when he first started out blogging.
There’s no sin in trying and pushing yourself a bit until you reach your goals. Your desire to constantly try is what separates you from those who settle for moderate success.
Visit this website of James Altucher for more of his blogs, podcasts, news, and reports.
Of all the James Altucher quotes I’ve come across, this one resonates the most with me:
“Every day, you reinvent yourself. You’re always in motion. But you decide every day: forward or backward.”
What about you? Feel free to comment and share with us your favorite James Altucher quotes.
If you wish to read more such quotes from other influencers, let us know, and we’ll be happy to create them for you.
And guess what? We have quite a few more blog posts like this for you to get inspired. Here are some recent ones:
- 40 Social Media Marketing Quotes for Today’s Business Environment
- The Best Quotes From Seth Godin, the Modern Marketing Guru
- 50+ Grant Cardone Quotes That Will Drive You To Success
- 250 Marketing Quotes from Industry Leaders
- Witty Jay Baer Quotes That’ll Convince You To Try Harder
- 10 Motivational Quotes From the Great Sales Champion, Tom Hopkins
- 20 John Spence Quotes That Will Inspire the Leader in You