Have you sent an email and waited days on end for a reply?
A free email tracker can help alleviate some of that anxiety, as it can show exactly when your recipient read your email.
In fact, it does more than that.
It analyzes and provides valuable insights into the content users engage with the most. You simply need to install the tool, integrate it with your mailbox, and start tracking.
In this blog post, we are going to look at some of the best free email tracking tools for your Gmail, Outlook, or Office 365 account.
7 Amazing Free Email Tracker Tools for Delivery Insights
Here’s a list of seven of the best email tracking tools to help you find out exactly when your emails are clicked on, opened, and read.
These tools offer more insights into your email deliveries, clicks, and opens.
Let’s get started.
Recognized as one of the best affordable tools for marketing, sales, and CRM needs, EngageBay also offers a free email tracking tool designed to integrate with your Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365 account.
You can easily know when your sent email is opened and track your email attachments for Gmail.
All you need to do is add the free Chrome Extension, and you are good to go.
- Impact Measurement: EngageBay provides you with real-time data on who has opened your email and when. This feature works particularly well for bulk messaging, so you have the right information on the people that have read your emails. As a result, you can follow up and target your marketing campaign more effectively.
- Precision Tracking: The precision tracking feature not only gives information on the people reading your emails, but also on what they are reading and how they are engaging with the content. Using the data, you can further tailor your emails to increase customer activity, create the right marketing campaign, and generate more sales.
- Performance Tracking: Using the performance tracking feature, EngageBay allows you to keep track of any attachments and links on the basis of personal, sequential, or global views of your emails. It helps you understand whether your recipients have opened your emails and how they have engaged with them.
- Google Chrome Extension: To use EngageBay’s free email tracker, you can simply install its free Chrome extension and get started. Whenever you open your email provider, be it Gmail, Outlook, or Office 365, EngageBay’s free email tracker extension will provide data on the number of times your emails have been opened, who has read your emails, and how they engaged with them.
One of the major advantages of EngageBay is that it combines CRM and email marketing tools on a single platform, making it convenient for users to import contacts to their email accounts.
The conversational mailbox feature of EngageBay requires improvement, as it does not allow for the auto-filling of email addresses.
Moreover, contacts added by the Chrome extension do not automatically trigger any marketing events, resulting in users having to manually create events every time.
Read also: The Best Free CRM Apps, By Category (with User Reviews)
Another free email tracker that works seamlessly across Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365 is HubSpot.
Its email tracking tool is part of the Sales Hub, allowing sales reps to send follow-up emails at the perfect time and close deals faster.
- Personalized Campaigns: With HubSpot’s free email tracking tool, you get real-time updates whenever a prospect opens your email and clicks on a link. This eliminates guesswork, and you can curate and run personalized email marketing campaigns. It also allows you to send automated content to prospects that haven’t engaged yet.
- Push Notifications: HubSpot’s email tracker lets you set up push notifications so that you can follow up with prospects as soon as they open your emails, click any links, or download email attachments. As a result, you can expect to get more meetings, phone calls, and positive responses from your leads.
- Lead History: An in-built activity stream in HubSpot’s email tracking feature provides detailed insights into every lead, right from the first email sent. Here, you can view all their activities, right from which emails, links, or attachments were opened, and when. This allows you to differentiate between active and inactive leads, making it easier to personalize content suited to every prospect.
- Omnichannel Tracking: Be it Gmail, Outlook, or Office 365, HubSpot works across all platforms. You can also view and send tracked emails from your HubSpot CRM and decide whether you want to receive notifications on your browser, desktop, HubSpot Sales, or CRM.
HubSpot’s free email tracker not only allows businesses to view open and clickthrough rates but also helps create email sequences and prioritize which prospects to contact first.
Despite its advantages, users cannot add more than five emails to a sequence, resulting in the creation of a new email sequence altogether with the same contacts.
Read also: Is HubSpot CRM Free? An Unbiased Guide (with User Reviews)
Mailtrack is one of the most well-known email tracking software, available for Gmail users, free of cost.
More than 1.9K users track emails using Mailtrack.
- Email Activity: Mailtrack helps you find out whether your emails have been opened from your inbox using ticks. A double tick indicates that your email was opened, and so on. Once you place your cursor on the tick, you can find out the time your emails were opened.
- Real-time Notifications: As soon as a recipient opens your email, Mailtrack sends a notification to your Gmail inbox, stating that your email was read and by whom.
- Data Security: With Mailtrack, you can be assured that your emails are safe, as the platform does not share data about your emails or contacts with any third parties.
- Free Chrome Extension: Mailtrack has a Chrome extension that you can install free of cost. Whenever you open Gmail, Mailtrack will automatically tag your emails depending upon the number of times they have been opened.
Mailtrack offers both free and paid plans.
With the Free Plan, you get access to unlimited email tracking, real-time desktop notifications, report generation, and email alerts. It is an ideal plan for individuals and small teams.
However, if you are looking to add additional tools like tracking complete history, getting email support, and removing the Mailtrack signature, you will need to pay $4.97 per user per month.
With the Advanced Plan, users get all the features in the Pro Plan, along with group email tracking, PDF document tracking, and mail merging of up to 1000 recipients, all for $9.94 per user per month.
Mailtrack is known for its user-friendly interface and a high degree of customization.
Salespeople and marketers prefer Mailtrack as they get data on open rates, clickthrough rates as well as how people engage with their newsletters.
At times, Mailtrack does not provide accurate data on its email attachment tracking tool.
Moreover, its major limitation is that it is only available for Gmail users.
Read also: Organizing Made Easy: Learn to Export Gmail Contacts
GMass is another free email tracker available to Gmail users only.
It boasts of various additional features that help you build effective email marketing campaigns.
- Mail Merge with Google Sheets: Using GMass, you no longer need to create any CSV files. All you require is to connect with Google Sheets and send personalized emails through any of the columns in your spreadsheet.
- Mass Email Service: GMass’s search feature helps you collect the email addresses of your target audience and create a mailing list. The Compose window will pop up automatically, containing the email address of the recipients you had searched for.
- Personalization: Once you find out who has opened your emails, you can then design follow-up and marketing campaigns that are effective and will lead to high conversions.
- Email Reporting Analytics: GMass helps you generate reports based on metrics such as open rates, clickthrough rates, and the number of emails replied to and bounced. It helps you find areas of improvement and deliver emails that convert.
GMass free plan has every feature there is in the paid plans.
However, it limits to only sending 50 email messages per day.
If your email contact list has more than 50, you will need to upgrade to its paid plan.
It has three pricing models, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise.
The Standard Plan starts from $199 a year and includes features such as basic campaigns, mail merge personalization, address verification, and conditional content.
With the Premium Plan, users can get additional tools, including email sequencing and follow-ups, API access, and A/B testing, for $299 per annum.
For large companies, the Enterprise Plan works best. It costs $499 per year and has advanced tools like high-priority support.
GMass is considered among the best free email trackers for bulk email campaigns.
It provides accurate data on lead response tracking.
Moreover, its integration with Google Sheets makes it convenient for users to send mass emails.
A drawback of GMass is that users can only send 2000 emails per day, making it difficult to send a large number of emails at a time.
Read also: 10 Free Sales Tools That You Won’t Mind Paying For
Benchmark is another useful email tracking software that works with both Gmail and Outlook.
- Real-Time Tracking: Benchmark provides you with real-time notifications on email open rates, clickthrough rates, links clicked, and bounce rates of your emails.
- Social Media Tracking: Using Benchmark, you can get insights into who shared your email campaigns on social media and how many times. This can help you improve your social media presence and increase engagement.
- Geotracking: With Benchmark, you can not only track who opened your emails but also get details on their location and timezone. This helps you build email campaigns that are delivered at the right time, maximizing conversions.
- A/B Testing: Through A/B testing, you can find out when your subscribers are most active, and send emails accordingly.
Benchmark’s pricing plans depend upon the number of users.
The minimum number of users you can avail is 500, which can go up to 200,000 or more.
The Free Plan is ideal for small and new businesses. It comes with basic email marketing features, lead generation, marketing automation, and basic reporting tools.
To get advanced tools such as advanced email marketing, lead generation, reporting, and automation, choose the Pro Plan. It starts from $13 per month.
For businesses that require 125,000 contacts or more, the Enterprise Plan works best. It includes additional features such as a dedicated IP address and email white labeling, and can be availed by contacting Benchmark’s sales team directly.
With its A/B testing feature, Benchmark helps businesses improve their campaign performance, as they know when to deliver emails.
In order to upgrade, Benchmark users need to pay a lot more as compared to other email tracking platforms.
Read also: 13 Free Marketing Tools To Create Awesome, Engaging B2C Content
Hunter’s email tracking feature, known as MailTracker, is another tool that works well with your email.
Companies like Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, and Google have chosen MailTracker.
- Flexibility: Once you install MailTracker, it starts tracking all your emails on Gmail. However, you need not uninstall it in case you don’t want to track emails. All you need is to disable it as and when required.
- Real-Time Notifications: As soon as a recipient opens your email or clicks either on a link or an attachment, MailTracker provides details instantly in your Gmail inbox. Using this information, you can choose your plan of action and target prospects accordingly.
- Google Sheets Add-on: Hunter’s Google Sheets add-on feature allows users to verify email addresses in the document itself, either one at a time or in bulk.
MailTracker provides five pricing plans, Free, Starter, Growth, Pro, and Business.
Under the Free Plan, you can get up to 25 monthly searches and 50 monthly verifications, an unlimited number of users, and up to 500 recipients.
But if you upgrade to its paid plan – Starter, there are additional features such as domain searching, link tracking, attachment tracking, and up to 500 searches and 1000 verifications a month. It costs $28.78 a month.
The Growth Plan starts at $58.71 a month and includes 5,000 recipients. It also includes domain search downloads, 2,500 monthly searches, and 5000 monthly email verifications.
The Pro Plan comes with 7,500 recipients per campaign, a custom tracking domain, 10,000 monthly searches, and 20,000 monthly email verifications, for $117.41 a month.
For up to 10,000 recipients per campaign, the Business Plan works best. It starts at $235.98 a month and boasts up to 40 email accounts, 30,000 monthly searches, and 60,000 email verifications.
MailTrack is considered among the best tools to gather email addresses – all you need to do is enter the company domain and get the required information.
At times, the information on email addresses can be incorrect, making it difficult for users to execute campaigns successfully.
Read also: 9 Free Marketing Strategies to Scale Your Small Business
Mailbutler is an email tracking tool that works across all major platforms, including Gmail, Outlook, and Apple Mail.
- Real-Time Tracking: With Mailbutler, you can be certain that your email has been sent, as it provides instant notifications as and when a recipient opens your emails or clicks on a link or attachment within the emails.
- Inbox Integration: Be it Gmail, Outlook, or Apple Mail, Mailbutler integrates directly into your inbox. Whenever you log in to your account, Mailbutler provides all the data on email open rates and clickthrough rates, along with other valuable insights.
- Per-Recipient Tracking: This feature provides insights into the number of times your emails were opened, who opened them, and on which device they were opened.
- Link Tracking: If you have included important links in your emails, Mailbutler’s Link Tracking feature helps you track who has opened them, how many times, and when.
Mailbutler Free Plan comes with email open rate tracking, email scheduling, recalling sent emails, and professional email signature creation.
It also has three paid plans – Professional, Professional+, and Business.
With the Professional Plan, you can avail of additional tools such as built-in email templates, task management, note creation, Mailbutler watermark removal, and email snoozing, all for $89.50 per user per year.
The Professional+ Plan is Mailbutler’s most preferred plan and starts at $149.50 per user per year. It includes advanced features like email signature customization, logo addition, insights into open rates, and recommendations on email marketing campaigns.
Under the Business Plan, users can create teams for better collaboration, share notes and templates across the company, import contacts, get conversation histories, and manage customer relationships directly from the inbox, at $329.50 per user per year.
Users have found Mailbutler’s snooze feature useful, as they can schedule replying to emails at a later time, helping them track their emails better.
At times, the Mailbutler add-on can slow down users’ email platforms, although the issue does not happen frequently.
Read also: 6 Free Marketing Software Marketers Must Try Today
Email is one of the most preferred channels of communication.
Whether you are sending cold emails to your prospects or using emails to nurture your leads, tracking your email performance can further improve your campaigns.
If you are looking for email tracking software that works seamlessly across Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365, go with EngageBay.
With this free email tracker, you can track when your emails are opened, measure their impact, and provide useful insights into how your emails are perceived by recipients.
Most importantly, EngageBay’s CRM platform allows you to directly import contacts into your email provider, saving time on searching for the right leads.