What if I told you that there’s an easier way to get new leads for your eCommerce company? And, you won’t be putting in those extra late-night hours at the office either!
Wait, there’s more! This marketing channel has given many marketers an ROI of up to $42 for every $1 spent!
Could you guess what this is?
That’s right, I’m talking about email marketing for eCommerce! If you’re not already doing this, you better jump on the bandwagon real soon. All your competitors are already doing this, so there’s no logic in missing out!
And, email marketing software makes this journey a whole lot easier for you.
An email marketing platform allows you to manage the entire process of your email marketing from start to finish.
A powerful email marketing tool for eCommerce will allow you to build and manage sturdy email lists, optimize emails for maximum conversions, and automate your workflow among other things!
So, we have curated the ultimate list of top email marketing software for your eCommerce platform to make your life just a little easier in 2023.
What are the Benefits of Using eCommerce Email Marketing Software?
If you’re not already sold on the idea of email marketing software, let us break it down for you.
- Increased customer engagement: Regular email marketing allows your eCommerce platform to remain fresh in the minds of prospects. It’s a surefire way to boost customer engagement with your brand.
- Send personalized emails: Email marketing software makes it a piece of cake to personalize your emails for different segments of your email list.
- Save time with email marketing automation: Once your software is set up and ready to go, you can automate email chains based on customer behavior.
- Boost your content marketing through emails: Email marketing is a great way to send out newsletters and other content at regular intervals to your prospects. You can promote your best content through emails.
- Get live, actionable data for your campaigns: Most email marketing tools will monitor data like click-through rates, bounce rates, and open rates. This will give you live data on the performance of each email marketing campaign. In the long run, this creates a snowball effect, where your future campaigns get better conversions.
These are just some of the common benefits that a majority of eCommerce marketers have reported.
Remember, choosing the perfect email marketing platform for your eCommerce business would ensure that you get even more benefits out of it.
8 Best Email Marketing Software for eCommerce in 2023
After extensive research, here are our top picks for email marketing tools for the eCommerce industry.
This is an example of an omnichannel marketing automation solution, with a focus on eCommerce. Omnisend was started in 2013, and the name itself is a nod to omnichannel marketing solutions offered by the platform.
If you are an eCommerce business that’s growing fast, this might be a good option for you.
Some features that make Omnisend stand out are:
- Option to create automated workflows, and integrate several marketing channels like email, SMS, push notifications, WhatsApp notifications, etc.
- Offers a variety of pre-built, eCommerce-specific automated sequences for situations like cart abandonment, browse abandonment, etc.
- Real-time reporting of email marketing campaign performance along with customer segmentation.
- It offers easy third-party integrations with most eCommerce platforms like Shopify.
|Trial Period||14 Days Free Trial Period|
Launched in 2017, EngageBay is a one-stop, integrated marketing, sales, and CRM platform aimed at small and fast-growing eCommerce businesses.
This cloud-based CRM solution has three major segments — Marketing Bay, Sales & CRM Bay, and Service Bay. EngageBay has now emerged as one of the leaders in the all-in-one CRM solution game.
Here are some features that make it stand out:
- Track all your sales and marketing campaigns through one common dashboard.
- A large library of effective email templates targeted for eCommerce businesses.
- It offers great value for money when compared to other leaders in the industry.
- The drag-and-drop email editor comes with several widgets that allow you to easily personalize email broadcasts.
- Create email marketing automation for follow-up emails, double opt-in compliance, lead scoring, and lead qualifications.
|Trial Period||It offers a free trial period for all pricing plans|
|Customer Support||24/7 live chat & email support for all users, phone support for ‘Pro Plan’ users.|
Sendinblue is an all-in-one marketing and CRM platform that’s suitable for eCommerce businesses of all sizes. Launched in 2012, this platform stands out for allowing unlimited contacts for every pricing plan!
Here are some of the features that make Sendinblue a great option for eCommerce marketers:
- Its easy-to-use drag-and-drop email editor allows you to send emails for almost any kind of email marketing campaign.
- Excellent marketing automation features, with a dedicated transactional email section that’s integrated with WhatsApp and SMS notifications.
- Easy integration with third-party apps like Shopify, and WooCommerce.
- Excellent pricing plans, with the small downside of a 300 email limit per day in the ‘Free Plan’.
|Trial Period||Free Trial Period for 30 days|
|Customer Support||Email support for ‘Free’ and ‘Starter’ plan users, phone support for ‘Business’ and ‘Enterprise’ plan users|
ActiveCampaign began as a consulting firm back in 2003, this platform has now grown to become one of the leaders in the customer experience automation (CXA) market. This could be the right fit for your eCommerce business, especially if you are looking for powerful marketing automation tools that cost a tad more.
Some of the best aspects of ActiveCampaign are:
- ActiveCampaign offers efficient marketing automation features where you can build automations from pre-built templates for abandoned cart emails, sign-up forms, etc.
- Great omnichannel messaging options that can be integrated with your email campaigns.
- Offers comprehensive third-party integrations with eCommerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce.
- Great features for A/B Testing and email deliverability.
|Trial Period||Free Trail for 14 days|
|Customer Support||Free email & chat support for all plans
Free data migration for all plans
Founded in 1997 with the launch of its first autoresponder, GetResponse’s initial goal was limited to email marketing. It has since evolved into a more all-in-one marketing solution, rather than a traditional email marketing software.
So, GetResponse also offers features like drag-and-drop website and landing page builders, eCommerce management, and webinar hosting.
Here are the features we liked best about GetResponse:
- It offers excellent email testing features that are some of the best in the market.
- The reports and analytics offer the users an in-depth insight into the performance of marketing campaigns.
- There are powerful marketing automation and lead segmentation features, however, this isn’t available with the free plan.
- There’s an option to monitor your Facebook and Instagram ads directly from the GetResponse dashboard.
- The transactional email feature allows you to link its API or SMTP to send out transactional emails.
|Trial Period||30-Day Trial Period|
|Customer Support||24/7 live chat and email support|
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform that has now become one of the established players in the game after its launch all the way back in 2001.
Mailchimp is known for its efficient email marketing features as well as marketing automations. It offers around 45 pre-built automation templates that are well-suited for eCommerce companies.
Some of the features that make Mailchimp stand out are:
- Offers excellent reports and analytics for eCommerce companies. You can track the performance of your campaigns through a 24/7 tracker and even compare your performance with that of your competitors.
- It offers excellent features even in the free plan. However, A/B Testing and email scheduling are unavailable at this pricing plan.
- The user interface is simple and quite easy to start using.
- There are around 800 third-party integrations available.
|Trial Period||30-Day Trial Period|
|Customer Support||Only email support for ‘Free Plan’ users; live chat, and email support for all other pricing plans|
Launched in 2006, HubSpot offers extensive email marketing solutions as a part of the HubSpot Marketing Hub. As one of the leaders in the marketing automation game, HubSpot offers an all-in-one marketing platform aimed at small and large eCommerce businesses alike.
Here are some of the best features of HubSpot email marketing solution:
- HubSpot offers dozens of free templates, email scheduling up to a year in advance, and automatic mobile optimization features that can all be tracked on the email dashboard.
- Excellent workflow-based marketing automation features.
- View the effectiveness of your email campaigns with live analytics on your email dashboard.
|Trial Period||14-Day Free Trial|
|Customer Support||No direct support for free users, Email and chat support for ‘Starter Plan’ users, phone support for ‘Professional Plan’ users|
ConvertKit was launched in 2013 and was aimed at bloggers, YouTube content creators, and podcasters. It has since evolved to offer email marketing to eCommerce marketers as well. One advantage of ConvertKit is that it offers unlimited landing pages, sign-up forms, and broadcasts in the ‘Free’ pricing tier itself.
Here are the features that make ConvertKit stand out:
- ConvertKit has a very versatile tagging and segmentation system, which is great for eCommerce companies to run targeted email marketing campaigns.
- There is the option of adding a custom domain to sell ebooks, online courses, and other products easily. There is a small transaction fee of 3.5% for each product sold.
- ConvertKit makes it very easy to add or remove subscribers from workflows due to its efficient tagging system.
|Trial Period||14-Day Free Trial|
|Customer Support||community support for ‘Free Plan’ users, Live chat & email support for ‘Creator Plan’ and ‘Creator Pro Plan’ users|
Which eCommerce Email Marketing Software Should You Choose?
Well, there’s really no one size fits all answer for this. You know your eCommerce business the best, and you are in the unique position of being able to judge which email marketing platform would be most suited for you.
In this article, we have given you a summary of all the key features in each email marketing software for eCommerce so that you are empowered to make this decision.
EngageBay’s email marketing platform could be right for you if you are looking for all the advanced features without burning a hole in your marketing budget.