According to current data from HubSpot, almost all B2B marketers (93%) will send along content and offers via email.
This should come as no surprise considering how integral email marketing has become to our daily lives as marketers.
HubSpot also notes that, sometime this year, 5.6 billion email accounts will exist in the world.
The best part? They’re active accounts.
Think about that for a second. We’re talking billions of people.
If that has you intrigued, it very well should!
When it comes to email marketing, the world is your oyster. That’s true even if you’re a small business.
That’s why we strongly recommend you consider any of the 13 email marketing solutions we mention in this blog post:
- Constant Contact
- Benchmark Email
Let’s get started!
13 Best Email Marketing Software
Let’s look at 13 of the best email marketing software for small businesses and startups. We have listed out the features and pricing so that you can make an informed decision.
But first, a short video about email marketing:
EngageBay is an all-in-one marketing, sales, and customer support software with free integrated CRM.
EngageBay’s tools are neatly classified into ‘Bays’ for easy comprehension and usage.
This integrated all-in-one approach means you don’t need multiple software for different business processes.
But what makes EngageBay unique?
In fact, it is one of the most affordable CRM solutions in the market today.
With EngageBay, you get a host of features, including:
- A full-fledged marketing automation system with pre-built actions and conditions, multi-level workflows, triggers, filters, predictive lead scoring, and so much more.
- Multi-channel marketing for wider reach. This includes email, SMS, phone, social media, web push notifications, landing pages, and even RSS.
- A landing page builder with pre-built templates and drag-and-drop functionality. You can add your own HTML, start from scratch, and even use rich-text formatting for more control. Plus, you get A/B testing to improve your landing pages.
- Smart lists, filters, and predictive lead scoring for advanced segmentation.
- Email broadcasts for one-time emails, bulk email newsletters, important updates, and deals.
- Social media tools to manage your Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter accounts from a single platform.
- Dashboards, traffic analytics, and advanced reporting to gauge your business’s performance quantitatively.
EngageBay’s All-in-One Suite has four pricing plans:
- Free: This plan is free forever for up to 15 users and offers 500 contacts, 1,000 emails, autoresponders, landing pages, live chat, email marketing, and more.
- Basic: Costs $14.99/month for each user. You get 1,000 contacts, 3,000 emails, web-popups, SMS marketing, integrations, social suite, and predictive lead scoring.
- Growth: This plan costs $49.99/month for each user and offers 50,000 contacts, 25,000 emails, marketing automation, email broadcast and landing page A/B testing, service automation, products and proposals, and so much more. This is the most popular plan and offers the best value for money.
- Pro: This plan costs $79.99/month for each user and offers unlimited contacts. This plan is aimed at enterprises requiring Pro tools and includes role management, web analytics, dedicated account manager, SSO, proposal analytics, and phone support.
You also get a 20% discount on annual plans and a 40% discount on biennial plans.
Wishpond is another great email marketing software and has a suite of tools: marketing automation, contests and promos, pop-ups and forms, and landing pages.
The email marketing service also has a sound collection of third-party integrations. These include Twilio, Slack, GoToWebinar, SurveyMonkey, ActiveCampaign, Eventbrite, MailChimp, SalesforceIQ, Infusionsoft, and Salesforce.
Here are some key features of Wishpond CRM software:
- Full-fledged drag-and-drop landing page builder
- Lead generation using popups, sidebar forms, and overlays
- Social engagement using contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Advanced marketing automation feature to convert leads into customers using real-time analytics and lead profiling.
Wishpond CRM software offers a 2-week free trial.
You also get three paid plans: Starting Out, Everything You Need, and Rapid Growth.
- The Starting Out plan costs $49 a month and offers unlimited pop-ups, unlimited social contests, landing pages, basic automation, and email drip campaigns. You also have no user account limits.
- There’s the Rapid Growth plan for $199 a month for companies that need more features. You also get implementation coaching worth $1,500 for free.
SendX is an intuitive, affordable, feature-rich email marketing software for marketers and business owners. SendX prides itself on one of the simplest UIs in the industry.
With SendX, you get unlimited email sends with every plan, powerful automation capabilities, and best-of-breed email deliverability.
SendX email automation tool has a plethora of useful features. These include:
- Unlimited email campaigns with high-ranking email deliverability.
- Embedded sign-up forms to capture leads and grow email lists.
- Email drip campaigns for sustained, long-term marketing.
- Drag-and-drop email editor for stunning forms and email newsletters.
- Dedicated IP for improved security and email deliverability.
SendX email marketing solution offers a no-hassle 14-day free trial — you don’t need to enter your credit card information.
SendX pricing is based on the number of subscribers. For example:
- $9.99 for 1,000 subscribers.
- $39.9 for 5,000 subscribers.
- $79.99 for 15,000 subscribers.
EmailOctopus is an affordable email marketing software for small businesses to grow their mailing list and send engaging campaigns.
Thanks to its ease of use and short learning curve, it’s an excellent choice for newbie marketers and startups.
EmailOctopus is focused on email marketing and offers:
- Customizable sign-up forms and landing pages for capturing email addresses
- A drag-and-drop email editor with a library of templates for creating beautiful campaigns
- Time-based autoresponders for creating welcome emails and onboarding sequences
- List segmentation based on custom fields and recent campaign activity for sending targeted messages to the right people
- Integrations with 2,000+ apps via Zapier and Integromat
EmailOctopus has two plans:
- Free: With the free plan, you get 2,500 subscribers, 10,000 emails, basic support, and reports.
- Pro: This plan is priced based on the number of subscribers. For example, you pay $24 a month for 5,000 subscribers. For 100K subscribers, you pay $250.
With machine learning, messaging, CRM, sales, marketing automation, and email marketing automation services, ActiveCampaign is another excellent platform for SMBs.
ActiveCampaign offers a wealth of features. We have listed out the most prominent ones:
- With email funnels through automation, you can segment your audience and guide new leads down the funnel.
- Email autoresponders such as lead magnets or welcome emails will also help you boost engagement.
- ActiveCampaign’s targeted emails ensure only those audience segments which show the highest receptivity will get the email.
- You never have to miss a key customer milestone by using trigger emails.
- Each time they interact with your email, go to your website or even make a purchase, you’d send a relevant email to maximize conversions and sales.
- You can even send email blasts, which ActiveCampaign calls broadcast emails.
ActiveCampaign has four plans: Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise.
- Lite: This plan includes email and chat support, marketing automation, newsletter sending, email marketing, and unlimited email sending.
- Plus: With the Plus plan, you get all the Lite plan features as well as SMS marketing, custom branding and custom domains, deep data integrations, lead scoring, and automated CRM.
- Professional: With this plan, you’d enjoy the same features as the Plus, but with win probability, predictive sending, attributions, and site messaging.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan offers uptime SLA, phone support, social data, free designs, an account rep, customized mail server domain, and custom reporting
The pricing of the plans depends on how many contacts you have.
If it’s only 500 contacts, you pay $9 a month for the Lite plan, $49 a month for the Price plan, $129 a month for the Professional plan, and $229 a month for the Enterprise plan.
With 10,000 contacts, you’re charged $111 a month for the Lite plan, $199 a month for the Plus plan, $279 a month for the Professional plan, and $399 a month for the Enterprise plan.
Unlike some of the other software we’ve covered thus far, AWeber deals exclusively with email marketing.
AWeber also integrates with your favorite applications, including Shopify, Facebook, PayPal, WordPress, GoToWebinar, and many more.
Here’s an overview of the email marketing service:
- A/B testing for email messages, send times, and subject lines, to name a few
- Tagging to increase open and click-through rates
- Email automation with sequences
- HTML templates for quickly creating emails; you can choose from more than 700 options
- A drag-and-drop editor
- Email newsletter messaging for better customer engagement
Aweber offers a one-month free trial. Beyond that, you need to pay for their services.
Pricing is based on the number of subscribers:
- For 500 subscribers, you pay $19 a month.
- For up to 2,500 subscribers, it’s $29 a month.
- If you reach 25,000 subscribers, you need to dish out $149 a month.
- You can get a customized, quoted plan if you have more than 25,000 subscribers.
#7. Constant Contact
Constant Contact has a history of more than 20 years in the marketing industry — making it an established email marketing service in the market.
Their service integrates with just about any app you can think of, such as Shopify, Eventbrite, Office 365, Gmail, Facebook, QuickBooks, Leadpages, HootSuite, and so many more.
Let’s talk features now, shall we? With Constant Contact, you get:
- Advanced reporting that helps you see open, click, and share rates. You can also spot relevant trends.
- eCommerce tools that aid you with everything from email automation services to audience segmentation and engagement.
- A drag-and-drop landing page builder to help build pages without writing code. You can capture leaders through signup forms that tie directly to your lists.
- Email optimization for mobile responsiveness to help you reach a wider audience.
With Constant Contact, you get two months of free use of the service.
You can also enter into a pre-payment plan where it’s possible to shave your bill by 15%.
There are two plans for you to choose from: Email and Email Plus.
- Email: You get reporting, integrations, list segmentation, popup forms, automated email sends, and list-building tools.
- Email Plus: You get event marketing, dynamic content, A/B testing, email behavior analysis, and so more. The pricing is based on the number of subscribers. For example, you pay $20 a month for 500 subscribers. For 50,000 subscribers, you pay $335 a month.
You’ve heard of Infusionsoft, right?
Well, now they have changed the branding to Keap.
It has a slew of marketing features built into the software, including email marketing.
If you’re looking for a CRM and an email marketing service, Keap is a great option. You get:
- Subscriber tagging to help segment your audience.
- Drag-and-drop features, so you have more control over your email marketing campaigns than ever before.
- Customized dashboard, appointment scheduling, and client management with email marketing.
- You get connections to 230 apps and integrations, such as Sprout, Vimeo, Leadpages, Zendesk, Zapier, Gmail, Outlook, WordPress, OptinMonster, and Graphly.
Keap offers three plans:
- Lite: This plan starts at $40 a month for 500 contacts. You get email marketing, lead capture, payments and invoicing, automation, and more.
- Pro: Starts at $85 a month for 500 contacts and offers sales pipeline, A/B testing, sales reporting, pipeline analytics, and checkout forms.
- Max: This plan starts at $100 a month for 500 contacts and offers marketing performance analytics, sales funnels, lead scoring, and engagement analytics.
Sendinblue promotes its services towards startups, marketers, eCommerce professionals, enterprise companies, and agencies.
They have Facebook advertisement services, landing page and signup form builders, CRM, email marketing, marketing automation, and chat.
Promising you’ll “find your marketing zen,” Sendinblue has many handy email marketing features you’ll love. Here are some key tools:
- You can get audience segmentation assistance with their email marketing automation.
- You can also draft transactional emails and customize deliverability, engagement, and design.
- You get email templates with drag-and-drop features, style functions, and block placement.
- For more personalization, you can advertise to your audience, use attribute conditions, customize your subject lines to get personalized emails, and use dynamic personalization features.
- Sendinblue also offers A/B testing to tweak your email forms and landing pages.
You can select from one of five plans:
- Free: With the free plan, you can access A/B testing, SMS and email personalization, an email template library, and the email designer. You can also send 300 daily emails.
- Lite: This plan starts at $25 a month for 40,000 emails and other features, including free plan features.
- Essential: The Essential plan costs $39 a month for 60,000 emails a month.
- Premium: This plan charges you $66 a month for 120,000 emails, advanced reporting, send time optimizations, automation workflows, and APIs.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan needs a quoted price. You get every feature available from Sendinblue.
No list of email marketing software would be complete without mentioning MailChimp.
As one of the best-known email marketing services in a marketer’s arsenal, it’s one you should consider for your startup or small business.
You can’t go wrong with MailChimp. Here’s a rundown of the platform’s features:
- Mailchimp’s email marketing services can increase email acceptance. Most people who use MailChimp open emails, with a rate of 96% to 99% success.
- You can easily share your recent emails to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media for boosted engagement.
- With a wealth of attractive email marketing templates, you have creative liberties to make your emails look just the way you want.
- The analytics tool comes right on your dashboard and updates in real-time. Here, you’ll review recent data as well as click-through and open rates.
MailChimp offers its users four plans: Free, Essential, Standard, and Premium.
- Free: The Free plan lets you send out 2,000 contacts and offers contact profiles, segments and tags, an audience dashboard, marketing CRM, five email templates, single-click automation, and seven marketing channels.
- Essential: This plan costs $9.99 per month and offers custom branding, A/B testing, access to templates, 24/7 support, and 50,000 contacts.
- Standard: With the Standard Plan, you pay $14.99 per month for features like advanced audience insights, email templates that come custom-coded, retargeting ads, automation, a slew of other great add-ons, five audiences, and 100,000 subscribers.
- Premium: Then there’s the Premium plan. There’s quite a price jump here, as it costs $299 per month. You get phone support, role-based actions and seats, multivariate testing, advanced segmentation, and lots more. You also get unlimited audiences and more than 200,000 contacts.
GetResponse offers a myriad of solutions for marketers, including marketing automation, landing pages, and email marketing.
Do you use PrestaShop, Etsy, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, or Stripe? You can integrate them all with GetResponse.
Here’s a touchdown on some of the key features of GetResponse:
- You get templates, design tools, fantastic deliverability — this adds up to a perfect email marketing campaign.
- GetResponse offers a drag-and-drop landing page builder with AI to help you ease the process.
- You can launch webinars and automate your customer journey through webinar marketing and automation tools.
- GetResponse offers email analytics, transactional emails, list management, autoresponders, and abandoned cart emails.
There’s the Basic plan, the Essential Plan, the Professional plan, and the Enterprise plan.
Pricing depends on how many contacts your company obtains.
Let’s talk a bit about the features of each plan, and then we’ll get back to pricing:
- Basic: With the Basic plan, you get visual email editors, autoresponders, newsletters, unlimited email sending, contact tagging, and drip campaigns.
- Essential: The Essential plan offers a customized domain, a visual page editor, A/B testing, auto funnel templates, webform templates, and email templates.
- Professional: You get 24/7 email and live chat support, team management tools, CRM, reporting, templates, surveys, webinars, eCommerce, automation, web forms, auto funnels, landing pages, and email marketing.
If you have 2,000 contacts, you pay $25 a month for Basic, $59 a month for Essential, $119 a month for Professional, and $1,199 for Enterprise.
If you have 24,000 contacts, the plan prices increase to $145 a month for Basic, $179 a month for Essential, $255 a month for Professional, and $1,199 for Enterprise.
Ontraport offers solutions to business owners, including referral programs, business process automation, CRM, eCommerce, and sales force automation.
You can also use the service for marketing analytics, landing page design, email marketing, and marketing automation.
Here are some of the key features of the marketing automation software:
- With Ontraport, you’ll send targeted emails on specific days and times, such as a thank-you email, a holiday message, or even a welcome email.
- Ontraport also offers SMS opt-in to help you grow your audience.
- You can also review open, click-through, and bounce rates.
- You also get a private IP service that will keep your messages floating to the top of your customers’ inbox every time.
- Automated re-engagement helps convert reluctant and disengaged leads.
Ontraport has a free trial that lasts for two weeks. There are four paid plans, including Basic, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise.
- Basic: The Basic plan costs $79 a month for 1,000 contacts and lets you use a single account. If you need extra users, you’d have to tack on $47 a month per user.
- Plus: The Plus plan costs $147 a month for 2,500 contacts.
- Pro: The Pro plan is $297 a month and offers email consultations, account setup, three free account users, unlimited emails, and 10,000 contacts.
- Enterprise: This plan costs $497 a month, but it comes with your own personal account rep, email consultations, account setup, five account users, 200,000 emails a month, and more than 20,000 contacts.
#13. Benchmark Email
Benchmark Email deals primarily in email marketing, as the name might tell you. As of now, they integrate with more than 300 apps and brands, including Facebook, Magento, Shopify, Flicker, Twitter, PayPal, and many others.
You only get email features with Benchmark Email. Here’s a rundown:
- You get an HTML code editor for more control — you can edit preexisting HTML for email templates or even come up with your own HTML code.
- Benchmark also offers a massive selection of templates. You can sort them by holiday, industry, and type to quickly find what you need for your email marketing campaign.
- You can even use Benchmark Email to edit photos without a Photoshop subscription instantly. Whether you include text, stickers, or effects, you’ll make an image truly yours.
- Most features have drag-and-drop functionality for ease of use. You can also change the settings with live editing.
- Benchmark Email offers email marketing campaign reports and tracking as well as automation. For instance, you can create a follow-up series, abandoned cart series, or a welcome series based on your audience’s behavior.
You can select from five plans: Free, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Massive.
- Medium: For 600 subscribers, you pay $13.99 a month; for 1,500 subscribers, it’s $27.99 a month.
- Large: For 55,000 subscribers, you pay $285.99 a month to send up to 770,000 emails. For 60,000 subscribers, you pay $346.99 a month. If you’ve reached 65,000 subscribers, you’ll shell out $359.99.
- Extra Large: This plan offers even more. For 125,000 subscribers, you pay $659.99 a month to send 1,750,000 emails; For 175,000 subscribers, you pay $846.99 a month.
- Massive: Benchmark Email charges $4,949.99 a month for 15 million emails and 1,070,000 subscribers. If you have 1,215,000 subscribers, you pay $5,499.99 a month — this lets you send up to 17 million emails.
Having so many options can be daunting, especially when you are a small business buying an email marketing software for the first time.
Where do you start?
This comprehensive list of the 13 best email marketing software’s should guide you in the right direction.
That said, if you’re a small business, we recommend EngageBay — simply because it offers the best value for money.
You get a plethora of email marketing tools at a fraction of the price of its competitors.
You can also do so much more: Since EngageBay is an all-in-one software, you can streamline your marketing, sales, and customer support all in a single platform. Connect your favorite apps — and EngageBay becomes even more powerful.