Do you manage a sales team? Do your team members spend the majority of their time sending emails? You are not alone.
Statistics show that sales representatives spend 21% of their work hours writing emails. Only 17% of the time is used for lead prospecting and research.
That’s why it is crucial to have a sales email automation tool.
Sales email automation tools can automate the most frustrating sales tasks, such as following up on an unresponsive lead, sending reminders and thank you messages, and even emails to remind your team about routine tasks that need to be done.
This blog post will cover nine of the best sales email automation tools that even small business owners and solopreneurs can afford.
Table of Contents
9 Sales Email Automation Tools That Won’t Pinch Your Pocket
Our list of the best sales email automation tools that any sales team will love.
Please note that we have no order or ranking here. Our main criteria for shortlisting tools here is that the email automation software is resourceful and doesn’t cost a bomb.
EngageBay is a powerful sales automation platform with various features for sending targeted emails. With EngageBay, you can select from various email templates using a simple drag-and-drop interface. This feature also helps you integrate images and social share buttons into design blocks, helping you customize emails better.
It enables customer database targeting and segmentation by applying filters based on location, sales prospects, qualified leads, and many more.
You can even personalize cold emails by adding contact attributes with the help of the autofill feature. This helps build customer relationships better and quicker.
Lastly, you can track your campaign performance, which can help you modify your emails for a more targeted reach.
- Helps track email conversations, SMS, and phone calls in one place without the need to edit or modify templates
- Super affordable
- Not many project management tools
- Can have more templates
EngageBay offers four categories of plans: Free, Basic, Growth, and Pro.
- The Free Plan provides up to 250 contacts. It comes with a range of features, including 1,000 branded emails, segmentation, email template builder, autoresponders, and email broadcasting, making EngageBay one of the best sales automation software.
- The Basic Plan costs $14.99/user/month. It offers up to 500 contacts and 3,000 branded emails. Under this plan, you can find key services like lead scoring, tag management, SMS marketing, and third-party integrations.
- For those looking for features such as marketing automation, sales process management, email broadcast A/B testing, push notifications, and timezone-based email delivery, the Growth Plan works best. It starts at $49.99/user/month and provides 5,000 contacts and 25,000 branded emails each.
- Under the Pro Plan, you can avail of features such as custom reporting, phone support, a dedicated account manager, and free onboarding sessions. It includes unlimited contacts and 50,000 emails, available at $99.99/user/month.
HubSpot’s email marketing tool helps you personalize emails for higher clickthrough rates. Using many goal-based email templates, this tool helps you add a personal touch to your emails.
It also comes with a drag-and-drop feature that you can use to customize email layout, branding, and call-to-action buttons. Moreover, you can schedule your drip email campaigns to ensure the emails reach the right people at the right time, irrespective of time zone.
HubSpot’s sales engagement platform is popular for its robust outreach campaigns optimized using A/B tests and analytics. You get insights into who engages with your emails, which subject line works best, and so on.
- Unlimited number of email templates
- Easy-to-use and customizable marketing automation software
- A limited number of bulk marketing templates
- No SMS feature
- The Starter Plan costs $45 per month. It includes services such as email marketing, landing pages, live chat, and email and in-chat app support.
- Under the Professional Plan, you can avail of features such as omnichannel marketing automation, multi-language content, contact and company scoring, website traffic analysis, and Salesforce integration. It starts at $800 per month.
- For those looking for a large contact database, opt for its Enterprise Plan. Priced at $3,200 per month, it adds advanced features like email send frequency cap, adaptive testing, behavioral event triggers and reporting, and object customization.
You can also try out HubSpot’s free tools like ad management, reporting dashboard, form building, and live chat.
Keap, another SaaS marketing automation tool, helps automate your drip emails and increases revenue in no time. It helps send curated emails to your sales leads relevant to their interests, increasing clickthrough rates.
This, in turn, drives up revenue and converts leads into loyal customers.
With Keap, you can send personalized cold emails and newsletters using a variety of in-built templates. Keap also provides valuable insight into your sales strategies with the help of A/B testing, analytics, and at-a-glance reports.
- Powerful and customizable sales automation tool
- One great automation feature: helps convert additional sales through automated follow-up and reminder emails
- Too many logins required
- Email broadcast interface should offer more options to customize marketing emails
- The Lite Plan comes at $40 per month. It provides features like sales CRM, lead capturing, appointment scheduling, and automated text messaging.
- With the Pro Plan, you can avail of services like sales pipeline management, text message broadcasting, A/B testing, checkout forms, and sales reporting. This plan costs $85 per month.
- If you are an established business or have an expanding salesforce, go for the Max Plan ($100 monthly). Under this plan, you will get services like sales funnels, recurring upsells, marketing performance analytics, and Shopify integration.
In other words, the Max Plan offers a comprehensive set of sales automation tools for running robust sales outreach campaigns.
Mailchimp is considered among the best email automation tools currently.
With Mailchimp, you can send instant emails by choosing from various email templates. Or, you can code to create your own or ask the Creative Assistant to build one for your brand.
What’s more, your emails can get more creative with Mailchimp’s click-worthy content feature. It helps add the subject based on its Subject Line Helper and personalized email content.
This sales automation software lets you send personalized emails based on your clients’ interactions.
Moreover, This SaaS company offers an email tracking feature that analyzes the optimal time to send emails to your contacts and increases the open rate.
- Easy to create customized emails
- User-friendly interface
- Limited A/B testing
- Dashboard can be difficult to navigate
- Under the Free Plan, you get tools like marketing CRM for running a drip email campaign, a website builder to create landing pages and web forms, and a Mailchimp domain.
- With the Essentials Plan ($9.99 per month), get features like email and landing page templates, custom branding, A/B testing, and customer journey builder.
- The Standard Plan costs $14.99 monthly and includes behavioral targeting, customizable email templates, dynamic content, and send time optimization.
- The Premium Plan works best for those looking for features like advanced audience segmentation, phone and priority support, and multivariate testing. It starts at $299 per month.
ActiveCampaign’s sales automation tool helps you send emails with just a few clicks. Using ActiveCampaign, you can broadcast emails, send trigger emails based on customer activity, and schedule emails as per requirements.
ActiveCampaign also helps you send targeted emails by segmenting your audience.
You can also contact potential sales leads by sending them automated welcome emails when they click on your website. In addition, ActiveCampaign boasts of an email funnel that helps you quickly convert qualified leads into active customers.
- Easy to set up automation and email campaigns
- Great interface
- Reporting feature is unreliable
- Cluttered dashboard
ActiveCampaign offers a minimum of 500 contacts per plan, which can increase to unlimited contacts as per your business needs. Thus, the pricing range also varies according to the number of contacts your business requires.
It has four pricing plans in general, including Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise.
- You can get the Lite Plan for $9 monthly with features like marketing automation, unlimited email sending, newsletter mailing, segmentation, and over 125 built-in email templates.
- Under the Plus Plan, you can get over 50 landing page templates, Facebook custom audiences, SMS marketing, contact scoring, and advanced performance reporting. The Plus Plan starts at $49 per month.
- The Professional Plan is considered to be ActiveCampaign’s most popular plan. It costs $149 monthly and includes website personalization, predictive sending, marketing attribution, and site messages.
- With the Enterprise Plan, you can avail yourself of features like custom reporting, free design services, unlimited email design testing, and social data enrichment. The plan starts at $258 per month.
Drip is an email and SMS marketing software for growing businesses. With Drip, you can customize emails based on the multitude of email templates available. And if you want your own designs, you can use the website’s HTML builder for complete customization.
Drip’s email automation tool helps your emails stand out through targeted segmentation and personalization, helping them reach the right people at the right time.
Additionally, it helps you understand what kind of emails your clients like and what content they interact with the most, thanks to its email test feature. With this feature, you can send as many emails as you want and see what works best for your customers.
- The automated workflow builder is suitable for businesses of all sizes
- Helps create unique and responsive email templates
- Does not have an email sequence feature
- Pricing is higher compared to other email automation tools
- The email marketing service costs $19 per month. It includes unlimited email sends and email support for 1,500 contacts.
- The email+SMS marketing service starts at $22 per month and comes with unlimited email sends, email support, and 200 SMS sends.
GetResponse’s email marketing platform boasts various features that help generate leads and improve sales performance. With GetResponse, you can send free newsletters and create automated email sequencing to follow up with your clients.
GetResponse helps you design action-based trigger emails and transactional emails for sending receipts, invoices, and payment reminders.
What’s more, you need not worry about losing touch with your leads, as GetResponse enables email delivery at the right time using its Perfect Time and Time Travel delivery feature.
- Impressive sales process automation tool
- Great reporting interface
- RSS newsletter is unreliable
- The platform can be difficult to navigate
GetResponse offers two categories: For Everyone and Mid & Large Companies.
There are four pricing categories under the plans ‘For Everyone’: Free, Basic, Plus, and Professional.
- The Free Plan provides unlimited newsletters, one landing page, a custom domain, and signup forms.
- With the Basic Plan, you can get unlimited landing pages, email scheduling, autoresponders, and basic segmentation. However, it costs $12.30 per month.
- The Plus Plan starts at $40.18 monthly and accompanies features such as marketing automation, webinars, contact scoring, and tagging, and offers up to 5 sales funnels.
- Under the Professional Plan, you can get unlimited automation, web push notifications, e-commerce features, and unlimited sales funnels. The plan starts from $81.18 per month.
Lastly, the Mid & Large Enterprises is designed for larger organizations that need more advanced and customized features. The services include automated email marketing, SMS marketing, landing pages, transactional emails, and single sign-on (SSO).
To avail of this plan, users must contact GetResponse’s sales team directly.
Salesforce’s Email Studio is considered among the best email automation tools worldwide. And why not, since it has all the features that will help you send bulk yet personalized cold emails, helping in lead generation.
Salesforce helps you filter through millions of profiles within seconds for easy segmentation. You can also automatically import, segment, and filter data from anywhere, which enables you to send emails to those who want to read them.
Additionally, Salesforce helps you discover your audience by sending more emails to active subscribers and fewer emails to inactive users. And, despite the huge built-in library of email templates, you can create your own if needed.
- Easy to use
- Good for building landing pages
- Users need to know SQL to use automation tools
- The platform can be slow to load
Salesforce has four types of plans: Basic, Pro, Corporate, and Enterprise.
- The Basic Plan costs $400 per month. It accompanies services like email marketing, content creation, and integration with Salesforce Cloud.
- Under the Pro Plan, you get additional features like personalized marketing automation with email solutions. The Pro Plan starts at $1250 per month.
- Some advanced functionalities of the Corporate Plan include cross-channel strategic marketing solutions and ‘Powered by Einstein,’ a service that enables smarter marketing. This plan costs $3,750 per month.
- The Enterprise Plan is for those handling multiple businesses. This plan lets you execute your sales strategies across multiple marketing domains, brands, and channels. To avail, companies can contact Salesforce directly.
Outfunnel is a powerhouse of a platform regarding sales automation and keeping up with your prospects.
The platform connects your CRM with other marketing tools, and its ‘App Connector’ feature assists with keeping your sales and marketing data in sync at all times. Any relevant marketing data is shared with sales immediately; nobody will be behind again!
With Outfunnel, a new feature will be using the contacts in your CRM list to create unique, custom ad audiences.
- Powerful automation features
- Helps keep sales and marketing teams in sync
- Lacks some customization options
- The lead scoring feature can have more flexibility
Outfunnel has three pricing plans available, which are affordable, considering each plan’s features.
- The ‘Starter’ plan, best for small businesses, is $19/month, and that will provide you with most of the features, with the only limitation being the number of emails, events, and integrations available.
- Then the ‘Growth’ plan, great for growing companies, is $49/month, and you are provided with thousands of email marketing opportunities and great insights into web visitor tracking numbers.
- The ‘Professional’ plan, ideal for enterprises, at $125/month, includes up to 50,000 events you can sync up with the App connector and send up to 50,000 emails you can send monthly.
Each plan has a free trial available, so you can test the waters before deciding.
🔓 Unlock the full potential of your email marketing with our guide on the most effective trigger email strategies!
Sales email automation tools help automate administrative tasks like sending multiple emails to customers, following up, and helping customers onboard or opt out easily.
With an email automation tool, your sales professionals can stop worrying about repetitive daily sales tasks. It ensures that no lead slips through your sales pipeline and, at the same time, increases your sales reps’ productivity.
If you want to know how EngageBay can help your sales teams, sign up, and we’ll give you a call and a free demo!
Like what you read? Have a look at our article on the best features of the top sales database tools.