It’s never too late to make a change, especially if your current CRM isn’t streamlining your small business processes.
One recommendation you’re exploring is Capsule CRM, although you’re not completely sure if this is the right solution for you.
In this post, we want to help you decide.
First, we’ll guide you through Capsule CRM in full, including an overview of its features as well as its pricing.
Then we’ll share 5 great CRM alternatives, which are EngageBay, Pipedrive, Insightly, Freshworks, and Keap.
By the time you’re done reading, your startup can confidently proceed with a CRM that will further drive business.
What Is Capsule CRM?
Let’s begin by taking a deep dive into Capsule CRM.
Founded In 2009, the founders of Capsule all agreed that the current CRM solutions on the market at the time weren’t effective enough for them.
That’s why they came together to create Capsule.
Today, Capsule has users in more than 170 countries and counting.
What can you do with Capsule CRM?
Their CRM includes contact management, reporting, task management, and sales tools features.
You can also customize their CRM and use many of your favorite tools and software as integrations with Capsule.
Capsule CRM Features
Here is a full list of features that Capsule offers within its CRM.
- Contact import and management: Import your contacts from other software or a preexisting spreadsheet. Then you can field-match your contacts to keep their info current, tag your contacts, and review their current statistics so you can see which contacts are the most vital to your company.
- Task automation: Capsule features Tracks that let you automate task after task. Within calendar view, you can also see what’s on the horizon. Tasks within Capsule CRM include submission deadlines, phone calls, meetings, and appointments.
- Opportunity filtering: When a new opportunity comes in for your sales team, you can categorize it according to its milestone, tag, or status.
- Visual sales pipeline with dashboard: The visual sales pipeline with drag and drop functionality helps you review your small business’ sales forecasts, milestones, and conversions.
- Customization: One of the most enticing parts about Capsule’s CRM by far is how you can customize it. You can create custom lists, tags, activity types, branding, milestones, fields, and more.
- Reporting: Use Google Data Studio with Capsule for more detailed reports on a variety of sales metrics. You can also filter reports, create reports based on activity, or export your reports.
- Integrations: Capsule integrates with tools and apps like Zapier, Gmail, Google Data Studio, Wufoo, FreshBooks, Xero, Sage Business Cloud, Mailchimp, and QuickBooks.
How Much Does Capsule CRM Cost?
Should you choose Capsule as your small business CRM software, they have four plans to pick from.
The Free plan is only for two users and up to 250 contacts.
The Professional plan for small companies or teams starts at $18 a month per user.
Here’s what you get:
- Activity reporting
- Premium integrations
- 10 gigabytes of storage for each user
- 50,000 contacts
The Teams account is for bigger businesses and costs $36 a month per user.
The features include:
- Custom activity types
- Individual or team record assignments
- User restrictions and roles
- Advanced sales reporting
- 20 gigabytes of storage for each user
- 100,000 contacts
The third Capsule payment plan is the Enterprise plan, which includes priority support, account management, and premium onboarding for $54 a month per user.
The other features are:
- Dedicated customer success manager
- Import assistance
- Implementation support
- 450 gigabytes of storage for each user
- 200,000 contacts
Why Are Businesses Searching for an Alternative to Capsule CRM?
At first glance, Capsule might seem like the solution to your small business CRM woes, but there are plenty of reasons why Capsule CRM alternatives are the better option to pursue.
Let’s discuss these reasons now.
Pretty Costly Monthly Plans
Capsule can lure you in with the promise of a free plan, but you’re so limited in that plan that you’re going to have to pay to continue to use their CRM.
Remember that for any of Capsule’s plans, you’re charged per user.
If your small business is becoming a little less small by the day, this can get expensive fast!
Difficult Data Importation
Users have complained that importing data is not as easy as Capsule tries to make it seem.
First, you have to import data per organization, and then by contact.
This is time-consuming and can create duplicates, which you then have to go in and manually remove.
Lacking in Automation
Although Capsule does offer automation as part of its CRM package, you don’t get nearly as much automation as the competition has.
You can’t do a lot of marketing or email marketing automation, as most auto features are centered around sales activities.
Poor User Permissions
Capsule boasts compliance with GDPR as well as two-factor authentication, but once you get to use their software, you’ll find a lot of glaring security holes.
The user permissions are especially egregious.
When looking at cases, correspondence, contacts, and opportunities, everyone has the same permissions by default.
Sales Pipeline Could Be Better
The Capsule sales pipeline has been described as rudimentary.
Compared to the much better alternatives out there, there’s no reason to continue using a bare-bones CRM like Capsule.
Your company needs something more.
5 Alternatives to Capsule CRM
If the above issues with Capsule have given you pause, then you might want to consider one of the Capsule CRM alternatives we mentioned earlier.
To reiterate, those are EngageBay, Pipedrive, Insightly, Freshworks, and Keap.
We’ll now go through each CRM option and compare features and pricing so you can find a more well-rounded CRM software than Capsule.
First on our list of Capsule CRM alternatives is EngageBay.
If Capsule’s prices left you slack-jawed, you’ll especially like EngageBay.
This company was founded in 2017 as a HubSpot alternative.
With small businesses and startups in mind, you can use EngageBay’s CRM for free or pay a more reasonable monthly fee.
Let’s go through these services one by one now.
- Automation: EngageBay’s automation workflows far outpace Capsule’s. You can automate so many tasks to gain back more of your time, including lead progress, notes, calls, emails, tasks, posting, and scheduling.
- CRM Telephony: The unique CRM Telephony feature for sales teams lets you make calls within EngageBay’s CRM. You can also automate call logging, receive call reminders, and track call success with this feature.
- Visual sales pipeline: Your sales pipeline comes to life with EngageBay’s visual sales pipeline. See your deal move through stages, guide the deal through, and close deals effortlessly.
- Contact management: Gain an amazing 360-degree view into your leads and customers using EngageBay’s CRM. You’ll have all the pertinent information on your contacts that you need, including their engagement patterns and their social media behavior.
- Unlimited mailboxes: The two-way email sync through EngageBay’s CRM makes a copy of all the emails that go out to your leads and customers so you always have one for your references.
- Leaderboards: If you need to motivate your sales team to stay on track, EngageBay can help. Their CRM features gamification that makes achieving sales feel like a game. There are even leaderboards so you can see who your sales superstars are!
- Reporting: A good CRM is nothing without analytics, and EngageBay doesn’t disappoint. Their sales reporting with growth graphs spells out your success very clearly. You can even automate when your reports are delivered for reliable reporting when you need it.
- Integrations: Integrate EngageBay with apps and software such as Shopify, Xero, Stripe, QuickBooks, Amazon SES, LinkedIn, JotForm, and many more.
Do you want to see EngageBay in action? Here is a full product demo.
EngageBay’s CRM & Sales Bay is available to use for free.
You’re limited to 1,000 contacts, but you don’t have to pay a cent for their CRM, live chat, appointment scheduling, email tracking, tasks, deals, and contact management.
The Basic plan for $12.99 a month per user adds 10,000 contacts.
You can use more advanced CRM features such as tag management, multiple deal tracking, and predictive lead scoring.
For $24.99 a month per user, the Growth plan adds 20,000 contacts as well as proposals, a sales leaderboard, and email scheduling.
The fourth plan is the Pro plan for $49.99 a month per user. You get 30,000 contacts and all features in the CRM & Sales Bay.
Second on our list of Capsule CRM alternatives is Pipedrive.
We’d recommend Pipedrive if you’re looking for a more secure CRM with fewer of the gaping permissions and security holes that Capsule has.
Here are the features included with Pipedrive’s CRM.
- Automation: Pipedrive’s sophisticated automation workflows allow you to automate activity reminders, emails, tasks, and more. The Sales Assistant is an AI-driven feature that can make suggestions on how you can use your automation even more efficiently.
- Contact management: In a single click, Pipedrive can produce data on a lead or customer, including info from social media. Qualifying your leads within a CRM has never been easier.
- Communications tracking: Pipedrive uses Smart Docs, which feature trackable proposals and quotes. You can also automate appointment scheduling, log and record your calls, and review email open and click-through rates within Pipedrive’s CRM.
- Deal management: Pipedrive’s visual sales pipeline is certainly more advanced than Capsule’s, especially considering that you can add custom fields and filter your pipeline by stage.
- Security: When using Pipeline, you can rest assured that you’re protected by security certificates, encryption, login protections, and GDPR compliance. This makes theirs a better CRM than Capsule.
- Reporting: Make more sense of small business metrics with custom reports and interactive reports dashboards within Pipedrive’s CRM. You can even share the reports among other team members.
- Integrations: Outside of its mobile app, Pipedrive integrates with Microsoft, Google, Klenty, Pipechimp, Asana, Trello, and more.
Pipedrive’s pricing starts at $18 a month per user for their Essential plan.
The Advanced plan is $33 a month per user, the Professional plan is $59 a month per user, and the Enterprise plan costs $99 a month per user.
For $41 per month, you can purchase Pipedrive’s Web Visitors add-on to better understand your web traffic sources.
You can also try the LeadBooster add-on for $32.50 a month, which adds webforms, Pipedrive’s Prospector, live chat, and a chatbot.
Both features are optional.
Continuing with our Capsule CRM alternatives, next we have Insightly, a CRM and marketing software.
They too have the beefed-up security that Capsule lacks, and their pricing might make more sense for your small business.
What’s included in Insightly’s CRM?
Let’s go over the full list of features now.
- Mobile app and custom apps: If your small business duties take you out of the office a lot, Insightly has a mobile app you can download for free. You can also use their CRM to build your own custom app from scratch without having to be a coding expert.
- Dataset rules: Discover where relationships lie within your CRM using Insightly’s dataset rules. You can model datasets and limit permissions so not all team members can access datasets if that’s what you’d prefer.
- Email tracking: Insightly’s inbox lets you send emails to your leads and customers effortlessly, including bulk emails. As soon as your emails land in their recipients’ inboxes, you can begin tracking email metrics within your CRM.
- Automation: Schedule tasks or emails, open and close deals, or execute external system business logic using Insightly’s advanced CRM workflows.
- Route leads: Insightly’s leads timeline tracks all communications with a lead, from phone calls to emails, tasks, meetings, and targeted marketing campaign. You can use this data to learn more about your leads and follow up with them at the right times.
Like Pipedrive, Insightly has no free CRM.
Their least expensive plan is the Plus plan for $29 a month per user.
Some of the features included with this plan are:
- Companywide collaborations
- Project delivery
- Use on multiple devices
For $49 a month per user, the Professional plan lets you use these great CRM features:
- Insightly Voice
- Lead management
- Lead tracking
The Enterprise plan costs $99 a month per user and is loaded with features, including:
- Business intelligence
- Opportunity management
- Sales team assignments
- Event and task activity sets
Freshworks is another CRM to consider instead of Capsule.
Theirs is a series of products for different companywide tasks, including Freshteam for HR management, Freshservice for IT management, Freshworks CRM for sales and marketing, Freshcaller for cloud-based calling, Freshchat for chatting, and Freshdesk for customer service.
We’ll focus on Freshworks CRM for the purpose of this article.
What does this CRM include?
Let’s take a closer look now.
- AI assistance: Meet Freddy, a cute dog avatar that’s an AI-driven CRM assistant in Freshworks. Freddy will help you personalize your customer service experience, review insights, and automate your workflows better.
- Lead scoring: Select only the most qualified leads to try to convert into customers with Freshworks’ lead scoring, which uses criteria that matters to your small business.
- Sales forecasts: Another AI feature from Freshworks is their sales forecasting. Based on historical data, Freshworks’ CRM will suggest what could be coming down the pike for your sales team. Having this information lets you plan more accordingly, which is a must as a small business.
- Full customer views: Understand your customers inside and out with the detailed customer views presented through Freshworks. You can then create more targeted campaigns for better success.
- Chatbots: Freshworks’ AI chatbots can fill in the gaps when your sales team is busy or needs to have more work/life balance. The intuitive bot will answer customer questions and concerns.
- Integrations: Freshworks CRM integrates with Asana, Typeform, Segment, Outlook, WooCommerce, Magento, Zapier, Shopify, Trello, Gmail, and more.
Depending on whether you’re more interested in Freshworks’ marketing or sales CRM services, their monthly pricing differs.
The Growth plan in the Marketing Cloud is $19 per month.
Here’s what’s included:
- Freshworks Marketplace
- Custom dashboard and reports
- 5 landing pages and 5 active Marketing Journeys
- Journey Builder
- Website tracking and web hooks
- Predictive contact scoring
The Pro plan costs $59 a month in the Marketing Cloud.
These are the features:
- 10 published landing pages and 20 active Marketing Journeys
- Behavioral segmentation
- Answer Bot and Lead Gen Bot
The third pricing plan in the Marketing Cloud is the Enterprise plan for $99 a month.
You get the above features as well as:
- 25 landing pages and 100 active Marketing Journeys
- Dedicated account manager
- Field-level permissions
In the Sales Cloud, the Growth plan is $29 per month.
For the extra $10, you gain access to features such as:
- 5 sales sequences and 20 workflows
- Email and phone
- Classic forms
- Contact lifecycle stages
- Account and contact management
The Pro plan in the Sales Cloud is priced the same as in the Marketing Cloud, which is $59 per month.
The features include:
- 10 sales sequences and 50 workflows
- Sales goals
- Deal insights
- Smart Matches and Smart Forms
- Answer Bot and Lead Gen Bot
Finally, the Enterprise plan in the Sales Cloud is also $99 per month and has these features:
- 25 sales sequences and 100 workflows
- Forecasting insights
- Dedicated account manager
- Customs sales activities
- In-app and web tracking
#5. Keap (Infusionsoft)
The last Capsule CRM alternative we want to share is Keap, which you may know as Infusionsoft.
Their marketing and sales automation software with CRM is the same as you remember it, it’s just their name that’s different.
Here’s what you can do in Keap’s CRM.
- Automation: Automate your most pertinent tasks within Keap, including internal form automation, email scheduling, and lots more.
- Contact management: Create full profiles of your contacts with their birthdays, addresses, social media handles, email addresses, and phone numbers. This data lets your sales and marketing teams stay on top of your leads.
- CRM inbox: When you sync Outlook or Gmail to Keap’s CRM, you get a record of the emails you send and receive. You can then pass on this information to your sales team to create more complete customer records.
- Integrations: Keap’s list of integrations is huge, including Xero, Gmail, WooCommerce, QuickBooks, Shopify, Microsoft Excel, and more.
Keap’s pricing varies based on your company’s number of contacts.
At 500 contacts, which is the default, the Lite plan is $79 a month per user, the Pro plan is $149 a month per user, and the Max plan is $199 a month per user.
Capsule CRM may seem like a viable small business tool, but their visual sales dashboard is lacking and they could be more secure.
Of the Capsule CRM alternatives we reviewed today, EngageBay stands head and shoulders above the rest.
With its free CRM, the wealth of sales and marketing features, and its incredible automation, EngageBay is an ideal small business solution!