Freshworks, the company formerly known as Freshsales, is a CRM software solution that recently popped up on your radar.
You tried their 21-day free trial, but now the time has come to either pay or stop using their service.
Before you commit, you’d like to explore some Freshworks alternatives.
Why do businesses need a Freshworks CRM alternative?
Users have had complaints–all described in a series of reviews–about Freshworks’ software. Here are some such issues:
- As you add more data, program loading speed slows down
- The software is very difficult to use even if you’re more experienced in CRM software
- The customer service is lacking
- The basic, inexpensive plans are rarely enough for even small businesses, yet the more expensive plans are too costly
It’s that last point especially that gives you pause, as you’re a small business owner.
Fortunately, your options are far from limited to only Freshworks.
If you know where to look, you’ll find plenty of lower-priced yet still efficient CRM software options that rival and even outpace Freshworks.
Today, we’re going to look at five such options: EngageBay, Pipedrive, Insightly, AWeber, and Drip.
We’ll go one by one, discussing the features and pricing for each software so you can select the one that’s friendliest for your small business budget!
Let’s begin with a CRM we most highly recommend on this list of Freshworks alternatives: EngageBay.
The founders of EngageBay were frustrated with the marketing, sales, and CRM solutions available for startups and small businesses.
Software like HubSpot was and continues to be too expensive, so EngageBay was created to fill in the gaps.
What is it about EngageBay that makes it such a worthy contender to Freshworks? EngageBay’s CRM has the following features:
- CRM Telephony: To paint a fuller picture of your leads and customers, tracking phone calls and records are important. EngageBay’s CRM features call integration through a feature known as CRM Telephony. You can even make phone calls within CRM Telephony and all these calls are automatically logged.
- Lead scoring: Rather than manually score your leads, EngageBay’s CRM can automatically do so for you. The software’s Lead Scoring System determines which leads might be qualified, reviews their level of engagement, and then encourages you to follow up with them at just the right time. This could increase your conversion rate.
- Third-party integrations: Unlike some CRM software that doesn’t play nicely with others, EngageBay’s CRM integrates with all your favorite third-party tools, software, and apps.
- 360-degree customer view: Understanding your customers inside and out has never been easier than with EngageBay. The 360-degree customer review is holistic, allowing you to review customer and lead data on a macro-level or even on a micro-level should you want to go ultra-in-depth.
- Inventory management: Track which products and services are available and in which quantities using EngageBay’s inventory management feature. You’ll never run out of supply even when demand is high!
- CRM and email syncing: EngageBay’s CRM Email Integration copies every email you send, transferring the second email to your CRM. Through email and phone records, you can now build more complete communications records of your customers.
- Interaction management: No interactions will fall through the cracks when you’re using EngageBay’s CRM, as their end-to-end interaction management records everything from lead or customer inquiries to order placements, deal closures, and more.
- Automation: Any worthwhile CRM will feature automation, and EngageBay’s is no exception. From lead scoring to email sending, social media posting, contact management, data sorting, meeting scheduling, and more, EngageBay can automate it all.
- Sales reporting: The data-rich analytics produced by EngageBay will let you strengthen your sales and marketing approach.
To learn more about EngageBay’s software, we recommend you check out this full product demo video:
The best part about EngageBay’s CRM by far is that it’s absolutely free!
Yes, we mean it. Unlike Freshworks, which only allows you to try its CRM for three weeks without paying, EngageBay’s CRM is always free.
The CRM can be the only EngageBay feature you use and you’ll never pay a cent.
If you need more sales CRM features, EngageBay’s CRM & Sales Bay is a good solution for you. You can choose from four plans:
Free, Basic (for $12.99 a month per user), Growth (for $24.99 a month per user), or Pro (for $49.99 a month per user).
Here are the features included with EngageBay’s Free plan:
- 1,000 emails a month
- 1,000 companies and contacts
- Reports dashboard
- Integration with Office 365, Outlook, and Gmail
- Live chat
- Social suite
- Email tracking
- Predictive lead scoring
- User activity
- Appointment scheduling
- Tag management
- 360-degree customer and contact view
The Growth plan bundles in these extra features:
- 20,000 branded emails a month
- 20,000 companies and contacts
- Time zone-based deliveries
- Automation and workflow nodes
- Email sequences
- Email scheduling
- Call reports
- Custom deal trackers and milestones
- Calling minutes
If you want it all, the Pro plan has:
- Custom reports
- Account-based marketing
- Conversational inbox
- Call scripts
- Call records
- Role management
- Proposal analytics
You can further compare the pricing between EngageBay and Freshworks here.
Your second option for Freshworks alternatives is Pipedrive, a pipeline management tool and CRM.
Founded in 2010 in New York, Pipedrive is renowned for being easy to use, which it has over Freshworks.
Let’s take a closer look at what Pipedrive has to offer.
- Automation: Pipedrive allows you to automate more of your daily sales tasks through its Smart Contact Data feature as well as task automation.
- Sales Assistant: The Sales Assistant included with Pipedrive produces report graphs and other analytics. The Assistant also offers recommendations for where to automate your sales funnel and even tips for better performance.
- Communications tracking: The contact management features Pipeline added to its software will convene all relevant communications in one place, including sales documents, calendars, phone records, and emails.
- Deal and lead management: The Pipedrive sales pipeline lets you create custom fields as well as more visual pipelines and deals. Managing your leads and open deals will be much easier.
- Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with all sorts of useful third-party software, including Gmail and Google Drive.
- Important fields: For even higher-quality data, Pipedrive lets you select which fields are most important among your sales team.
- Activity reminders: From mobile app push notifications to emails and in-app reminders, you’ll never forget to take the next step in customer sales through Pipedrive.
Although Pipedrive doesn’t offer free CRM like EngageBay does, nor does it have a free plan, its pricing is still affordable for small businesses.
The Essential plan costs $12.50 a month per user, the Advanced plan $24.90 a month per user, the Professional plan $49.90 a month per user, and the Enterprise plan $99 a month per user.
With the Essential plan, you have access to a surprising number of features, including:
- Gmail Chrome extension
- Google Drive syncing
- Microsoft and Google calendar and contact syncing
- Client location displayed on maps
- Auto call logging
- Caller ID tied to activities and deals
- Real-time syncing
- Native iOS and Android mobile apps
- AES-256 encryption and compliance with SOC 2
- Two-factor authentication
- Device and user access logs
- Open integrations and API
- User and company goals
- One visual dashboard
- Activity and deal reports
- Sales Assistant
- Activity reminder notifications
- Basic meeting scheduler
- Custom fields and pipelines
The Advanced plan includes the above and adds on these features:
- Web-to-mobile calls
- Single sign-on logins
- Important fields
- Smart contact data
- 30 workflow automations
- Customizable signatures
- Document open tracking
- Two-way email syncing
Pipedrive recommends the Professional plan for its features, such as:
- Advanced contact and deal visibility settings
- Security rules
- Security alerts
- Security dashboard
- Team goals
- Team management
- Revenue forecast reports
- Custom reports and fields
- Lead reports
- Group emailing
CRM software Insightly is third on our list of Freshworks alternatives. Since 2009, this San Francisco-based business has been a trusted choice for salespeople and marketers alike.
These CRM features are included with Insightly:
- Mobile app: The Insightly mobile app, available for iOS and Android, allows you to scan a business card as you receive it. You can also track your projects and update them no matter where your sales travels take you.
- Custom app building: Take your CRM further with custom apps that you can build from scratch using Insightly. This feature lets you add reports, dashboards, workflow automation, calculated fields, and validation rules to any app.
- Dataset modeling and management: With dataset modeling, you can segment your data for better relationship-building to custom objects.
- Email tracking: Insightly lets you send emails through their CRM, but you can also track and save them, reviewing open and click-through rates.
- Automation: The workflow automation through Insightly can be used for all sorts of things, such as mundane tasks, follow-ups and reminders, or post-deal steps.
- Lead routing: Learn more about your leads when Insightly tracks related meetings, calls, emails, and campaign sources.
- Data visualization and metrics: According to Insightly, their analytics include built-in business intelligence. The dashboards are shareable and feature drag-and-drop functionality.
- Integrations: Insightly integrates with many tools and apps you probably already use, among them PandaDoc, Mailchimp, QuickBooks, Xero, Google Apps, Gmail, and Microsoft Office 365.
Assuming you’re just interested in Insightly’s CRM (you can purchase a separate marketing plan or bundle together marketing and CRM), you can select from one of three plans. These are the Plus plan at $29 a month per user, the Professional plan at $49 a month per user, or the Enterprise plan at $99 a month per user.
The Plus plan includes:
- Custom emailing and report scheduling
- Configurable reports
- Business intelligence dashboards
- Convertible win opportunities
- Project processes
- Calendar syncing
- Milestones task tracking
- Integrated project management
- Mobile voice notes, calendar and contact integration, business card scanning, and mobile data syncing in real-time
- Opportunity management
- Sales team assignments
- Custom sales processes
- Email templates
- Mass emails
- Lead management
- Contact management
- Event and task management
For a step up, here’s what’s in the Professional plan:
- Configurable webhooks
- Custom objects
- Full workflow automation
- Business intelligence dashboards
- Outbound emailing scheduling
- Lead routing and assignment
The most expansive plan by far is the Enterprise plan, which comes with all the above as well as:
- Serverless lambda function scheduling
- Dynamic page layout rules
- Lambda function execution
- Custom apps on mobile and web platforms
- Calculated fields for all objects
- Customized validation rules
- Unlimited real-time insight cards
- 50 business card scans on mobile
If you’re still considering your Freshworks alternatives, AWeber is one you should look into. A long-standing email and small business marketing service founded in 1998, AWeber also offers automation and CRM features.
Here is an overview of those features:
- Mobile apps: Choose from three AWeber mobile apps for furthering your marketing and sales objectives. Curate is for making newsletters, AWeber Atom increases the size of your email list, and AWeber Stats lets you track analytics anytime, anywhere.
- List management: The subscription management features included with AWeber are sign-up form building, targeting and segmentation, and contact management.
- Mobile reports: Share analytics among your whole sales team with pre-built reports on your analytics dashboard. Even mobile reports are available.
- Automation triggers: Save more time with automation workflows and triggers related to email.
- Integrations: Connect AWeber to all sorts of CRM tools and software such as Satori, ContactUs, LiveAgent, Salesforce, Konnektive CRM, 1CRM, 17hats, and BigContacts.
Keeping things simple, you have your pick of two pricing plans with AWeber: Free or Pro.
The Free plan is only usable until you surpass 500 subscribers. After that, the Pro plan is on a sliding price scale that increases as your audience grows. Here’s what the monthly pricing looks like:
- 500 subscribers – $19
- 2,500 subscribers – $29
- 5,000 subscribers – $49
- 10,000 subscribers – $69
- 25,000 subscribers – $149
The Free plan comes with the following features built-in:
- Free migration
- 50,000 messages to send
- 50,000 subscribers
- Unlimited users
- Purchase tagging
- Sales tracking
- Services and products selling
- Basic analytics
- Custom domains
- Facebook Pixel tracking
- Google analytics
- Video landing pages
- Landing page templates
- Hosted broadcast archives
- AMP emails and HTML emails
- Dynamic content
- Email templates and email builder
- Email automation
- 3,000 emails a month
Of course, you get more for paying, such as these exclusive Pro plan features:
- Unlimited message sending
- Unlimited subscriber collection
- Email sales tracking
- Webpage tracking
- Advanced analytics
- Sending to custom segments
- Signup form and email A/B testing
- No AWeber branding on landing pages or emails
- AWeber Ecommerce
- Branded email click-track links
- Behavioral automation
- Unlimited emails a month
The last CRM on our list is Drip, a marketing automation and ecommerce service for salespeople and marketers. Theirs is an ECRM, which stands for ecommerce customer relationship management software.
The following features are available with a subscription to Drip:
- Workflow A/B testing: Is your sales workflow really as effective as it could be? With workflow A/B testing, you won’t have to guess anymore!
- Insights dashboards: Review your current and past sales (and marketing) campaigns using Drip’s expansive insights dashboard. You’ll glean all sorts of useful metrics.
- Automated revenue attribution: Who’s the biggest seller on your sales team? To answer that question, use Drip’s automated revenue attribution.
- Deep segmentation: Segment your audience from a sales-minded perspective, such as by who bought which products, how many products, and at which price.
- Integrations: Drip integrates with many of your top apps and tools, among them Shopify, Privy, Facebook Custom Audiences, ThriveCart, Magento, and Justuno.
Drip offers a free trial period but no outright free plan. Their pricing is dependent on how many customers your small business has. If you pay monthly, here are the fees to use Drip per subscriber:
- 500+ contacts – $19
- 700+ contacts – $29
- 2,500+ contacts – $39
- 3,000+ contacts – $49
- 3,500+ contacts – $59
- 4,000+ contacts – $69
- 4,500+ contacts – $89
- 5,000+ contacts – $99
- 6,000+ contacts – $109
- 7,000+ contacts – $124
- 8,000+ contacts – $139
- 9,000+ contacts – $154
- 10,000+ contacts – $169
Your small business or startup doesn’t have to use Freshworks, formerly known as Freshsales, if their customer service or hard-to-use software has left you feeling iffy. The five CRM platforms we covered today all have sterling reputations compared to Freshworks, not to mention you’ll spend less money on them.
We recommend getting started with EngageBay. Their CRM is always free, and with their service, you can use a wealth of other features sure to help your sales team grow!
Checkout our latest article: