System errors. Questionable billing practices. Poor customer support. These are but a few of the complaints thrown up by users of Freshworks on high-authority, trusted platforms like G2, Capterra, TrustRadius, and others.
We’re not saying that’s how it goes for everybody — of course, Freshworks has a lot of happy customers too, but many users are unhappy, and looking for other options.
That’s why we have compiled this list of five of the best Freshworks alternatives. In this blog post, we’ll explore:
Why Do Businesses Need a Freshworks Alternative?
Users have had complaints — all described in online reviews — about Freshworks’ software. Here are some such issues:
- As you add more data, program loading speed slows down
- The software is very difficult to use even if you’re more experienced in CRM software
- The customer service is lacking
- The basic, inexpensive plans are rarely enough for even small businesses, yet the more expensive plans are too costly
User Reviews of Freshworks
Here are some reviews describing the issues users have faced with Freshworks:
Fortunately, your options are far from limited to only Freshworks.
The Top 5 Freshworks Alternatives
If you know where to look, you’ll find plenty of lower-priced yet still efficient CRM software options that rival Freshworks.
Today, we’re going to look at five such options: EngageBay, Pipedrive, Insightly, AWeber, and Drip.
We’ll go one by one, discussing the features and pricing for each software so you can select the one that’s friendliest for your small business budget!
Let’s begin with a CRM we most highly recommend on this list of Freshworks alternatives: EngageBay.
The founders of EngageBay were frustrated with the marketing, sales, and CRM solutions available for startups and small businesses.
Software like HubSpot CRM was and continues to be too expensive, so EngageBay was created to fill in the gaps. EngageBay is a highly affordable all-in-one marketing, sales, and customer support software with free integrated CRM.
What is it about EngageBay that makes it such a worthy contender to Freshworks? EngageBay’s CRM has the following features:
- CRM Telephony: To paint a fuller picture of your leads and customers, tracking phone calls and records are important. EngageBay’s CRM features call integration through CRM Telephony. You can make phone calls within CRM, take notes, and record them — all these calls are automatically logged.
- Lead scoring: Rather than manually score your leads, EngageBay’s CRM can automatically do so for you. The software’s lead scoring system determines which leads might be qualified, reviews their level of engagement, and then encourages you to follow up with them at just the right time. This could increase your conversion rate.
- Third-party integrations: Unlike some CRM software that doesn’t play nicely with other tools, EngageBay’s CRM integrates with most of your favorite third-party tools, software, and apps.
- 360-degree customer view: With EngageBay, understanding your customers inside and out has never been easier. The 360-degree customer view is holistic, allowing you to review customer and lead data on both macro and micro levels.
- Inventory management: Track which products and services are available and in what quantities using EngageBay’s inventory management feature.
- CRM and email syncing: EngageBay’s email integration saves all your email communication in the CRM. The 2-way email sync lets you manage all your email accounts, including Google and Outlook, from within the CRM.
- Interaction management: No interactions will fall through the cracks when you’re using EngageBay, as their end-to-end interaction management records everything from lead or customer inquiries to order placements, deal closures, and more.
- Automation: Any worthwhile CRM will feature automation, and EngageBay is no exception. From lead scoring to email sending, social media posting, contact management, data sorting, meeting scheduling, and more, EngageBay can automate it all.
- Sales reporting: The data-rich analytics produced by EngageBay will offer deep insights into the performance of your company.
To learn more about EngageBay’s software, we recommend you check out this full product demo video:
The best part about EngageBay’s CRM by far is that it’s absolutely free!
Yes, we mean it. Unlike Freshworks CRM, which only allows you to try its CRM for three weeks without paying, EngageBay’s CRM is always free.
Here’s the pricing:
- Free: $0/month
- Basic: $14.99/month
- Growth: $49.99/month
- Pro: $99.99/month
Here are the features included with EngageBay’s Free plan:
- 1,000 emails a month
- 500 contacts
- Reports dashboard
- Integration with Office 365, Outlook, and Gmail
- Live chat
- Social suite
- Email tracking
- Predictive lead scoring
- User activity
- Appointment scheduling
- Tag management
- 360-degree customer and contact view
With the Basic plan, you get these additional features:
- 3,000 branded emails per month
- 1,000 contacts
- Custom deal milestones
- Calling minutes
- Up to 5 landing pages
- Group management
- Canned responses
- Ticket macros
The Growth plan bundles in these extra features:
- 25,000 branded emails a month
- 10,000 contacts
- Time zone-based deliveries
- Automation and workflow nodes
- Email sequences
- Email scheduling
- Call reports
- Custom deal trackers and milestones
- Calling minutes
If you want it all, the Pro plan has:
- 50,000 branded emails a month
- Unlimited contacts
- Custom reports
- Account-based marketing
- Conversational inbox
- Call scripts
- Call records
- Role management
- Proposal analytics
Your second option for Freshworks alternatives is Pipedrive, a pipeline management tool and CRM.
Founded in 2010 in New York, Pipedrive is a great sales CRM and is quite intuitive to use.
Let’s take a closer look at what Pipedrive has to offer.
- Automation: Pipedrive allows you to automate your daily sales tasks through the ‘Smart Contact Data’ feature as well as task automation.
- Sales Assistant: The Sales Assistant included with Pipedrive produces report graphs and other analytics. The Assistant also offers recommendations on how to automate your sales funnel and even tips for better performance.
- Communications tracking: The contact management feature brings all relevant communications in one place, including sales documents, calendars, phone records, and emails.
- Deal and lead management: Pipedrive’s sales pipeline lets you create custom fields as well as visual pipelines and deals. Managing your leads and open deals will be much easier.
- Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with useful third-party software, including Gmail and Google Drive.
- Activity reminders: From mobile app push notifications to emails and in-app reminders, you’ll get timely reminders about new deals, alerts, and customized reports.
Although Pipedrive doesn’t offer a free plan like EngageBay, its pricing is still affordable for small businesses:
- Essential: $11.90 a month per user
- Advanced: $24.90 a month per user
- Professional: $49.90 a month per user
- Enterprise: $74.90 a month per user
With the Essential plan, you have access to a surprising number of features, including:
- Gmail Chrome extension
- Google Drive syncing
- Microsoft and Google calendar and contact syncing
- Client location displayed on maps
- Auto call logging
- Caller ID tied to activities and deals
- Real-time syncing
- Native iOS and Android mobile apps
- AES-256 encryption and compliance with SOC 2
- Two-factor authentication
- Device and user access logs
- Open integrations and API
- User and company goals
- One visual dashboard
- Activity and deal reports
- Sales Assistant
- Activity reminder notifications
- Basic meeting scheduler
- Custom fields and pipelines
The Advanced plan includes the above and adds on these features:
- Web-to-mobile calls
- Single sign-on logins
- Important fields
- Smart contact data
- 30 workflow automations
- Customizable signatures
- Document open tracking
- Two-way email syncing
Pipedrive recommends the Professional plan for larger businesses, as it offers:
- Advanced contact and deal visibility settings
- Security rules
- Security alerts
- Security dashboard
- Team goals
- Team management
- Revenue forecast reports
- Custom reports and fields
- Lead reports
- Group emailing
Insightly is third on our list of Freshworks alternatives. Since 2009, this San Francisco-based business has been a trusted choice for salespeople and marketers alike.
These CRM features are included with Insightly:
- Mobile app: The Insightly mobile app, available for iOS and Android, allows you to track your projects and update them quickly.
- Custom app building: Take your CRM further with custom apps that you can build from scratch using Insightly. This feature lets you add reports, dashboards, workflow automation, calculated fields, and validation rules to any app.
- Dataset modeling and management: With dataset modeling, you can segment your data and craft personalized email marketing campaigns.
- Email tracking: Insightly lets you send emails through their CRM, track and save them, and even review open and click-through rates.
- Automation: The workflow automation through Insightly can be used to automate mundane tasks, follow-ups and reminders, and streamline post-deal steps.
- Lead routing: Learn more about your leads when Insightly tracks related meetings, calls, emails, and campaign sources.
- Data visualization and metrics: According to Insightly, their analytics include built-in business intelligence. The dashboards are shareable and feature drag-and-drop functionality.
- Integrations: Insightly integrates with many tools and apps you probably already use, including PandaDoc, Mailchimp, QuickBooks, Xero, Google Apps, Gmail, and Microsoft Office 365.
Insightly offers three plans:
- Plus: $29/month
- Professional: $49/month
- Enterprise: $99/month
The Plus plan includes:
- Custom emailing and report scheduling
- Configurable reports
- Business intelligence dashboards
- Convertible win opportunities
- Project processes
- Calendar syncing
- Milestones task tracking
- Integrated project management
- Mobile voice notes, calendar and contact integration, business card scanning, and mobile data syncing in real-time
- Opportunity management
- Sales team assignments
- Custom sales processes
- Email templates
- Mass emails
- Lead management
- Contact management
- Event and task management
For a step up, here’s what’s in the Professional plan:
- Configurable webhooks
- Custom objects
- Full workflow automation
- Business intelligence dashboards
- Outbound emailing scheduling
- Lead routing and assignment
The most expansive plan is the Enterprise plan, which comes with all the above as well as:
- Serverless lambda function scheduling
- Dynamic page layout rules
- Lambda function execution
- Custom apps on mobile and web platforms
- Calculated fields for all objects
- Customized validation rules
- Unlimited real-time insight cards
- 50 business card scans on mobile
If you’re still considering your Freshworks alternatives, AWeber is one you should look into. A long-standing email and small business marketing service founded in 1998, AWeber also offers automation and CRM features.
Here is an overview of those features:
- Mobile apps: Choose from three AWeber mobile apps and streamline your marketing and sales objectives on the go. Curate lets you design stunning newsletters, AWeber Atom expands your email list, and AWeber Stats lets you track analytics in real-time.
- List management: The subscription management features included with AWeber are sign-up form building, targeting and segmentation, and contact management.
- Mobile reports: Share analytics among your whole sales team with pre-built reports on your analytics dashboard. Even mobile reports are available.
- Automation triggers: Save more time with automation workflows and email triggers.
- Integrations: Connect AWeber to all sorts of CRM tools and software such as Satori, ContactUs, LiveAgent, Salesforce, Konnektive CRM, 1CRM, 17hats, and BigContacts.
Keeping things simple, you have your pick of two pricing plans with AWeber: Free or Pro.
The Free plan only offers 500 subscribers. After that, the Pro plan is based on a sliding price scale that increases as your audience grows. Here’s what the monthly pricing looks like:
- 500 subscribers – $19
- 2,500 subscribers – $29
- 5,000 subscribers – $49
- 10,000 subscribers – $69
- 25,000 subscribers – $149
The Free plan comes with the following features:
- Free migration
- 50,000 messages to send
- 50,000 subscribers
- Unlimited users
- Purchase tagging
- Sales tracking
- Services and products selling
- Basic analytics
- Custom domains
- Facebook Pixel tracking
- Google analytics
- Video landing pages
- Landing page templates
- Hosted broadcast archives
- AMP emails and HTML emails
- Dynamic content
- Email templates and email builder
- Email automation
- 3,000 emails a month
Of course, you get more for paying, such as these exclusive Pro plan features:
- Unlimited message sending
- Unlimited subscriber collection
- Email sales tracking
- Webpage tracking
- Advanced analytics
- Sending to custom segments
- Signup form and email A/B testing
- No AWeber branding on landing pages or emails
- AWeber Ecommerce
- Branded email click-track links
- Behavioral automation
- Unlimited emails a month
The last CRM on our list is Drip, a marketing automation and e-commerce service for salespeople and marketers.
The following features are available with a subscription to Drip:
- Workflow A/B testing: Is your sales workflow really as effective as it could be? With workflow A/B testing, you won’t have to guess anymore!
- Insights dashboards: Review your current and past sales (and marketing) campaigns using Drip’s expansive insights dashboard. You’ll glean all sorts of useful metrics.
- Automated revenue attribution: Who’s the biggest seller on your sales team? To answer that question, use Drip’s automated revenue attribution.
- Deep segmentation: Segment your audience from a sales-minded perspective through filters including products, purchase patterns, communication history, and more.
- Integrations: Drip integrates with a host of apps and tools, including Shopify, Privy, Facebook Custom Audiences, ThriveCart, Magento, and Justuno.
Drip offers a free trial period but no outright free plan. Their pricing is dependent on how many customers your small business has. If you pay monthly, here are the fees to use Drip per subscriber:
- 500+ contacts – $19
- 700+ contacts – $29
- 2,500+ contacts – $39
- 3,000+ contacts – $49
- 3,500+ contacts – $59
- 4,000+ contacts – $69
- 4,500+ contacts – $89
- 5,000+ contacts – $99
- 6,000+ contacts – $109
- 7,000+ contacts – $124
- 8,000+ contacts – $139
- 9,000+ contacts – $154
- 10,000+ contacts – $169
Your small business or startup doesn’t have to depend on Freshworks if their customer service or slow software tools have left you feeling iffy.
The five CRM platforms we covered in this blog post have sterling reputation, better pricing, and comprehensive feature sets.
We recommend getting started with EngageBay. This all-in-one CRM is always free, and you can use a wealth of marketing and sales automation features to help your revenues grow!
Even the Pro plan — with all its bells and whistles, and unlimited contacts — costs under $100. Isn’t that a steal?