SharpSpring is a great sales and marketing automation software, but starting at $399 per month, it’s not for small businesses.
Remember, this starting price is just for 1,000 contacts.
If you have more than 10,000 thousand contacts, you’ll be paying thousands of dollars a month!
You can find alternatives to SharpSpring that are much more cost-effective and still help you grow your business.
Try EngageBay’s all-in-one suite, or ActiveCampaign, Wishpond, Sendinblue, or Drip.
In any case, you don’t have to pay SharpSpring’s high prices if you don’t want to.
In this article, we’ll cover the features and pricing of SharpSpring and then explore the right SharpSpring alternatives.
Keep reading and you’ll see which one is the best all-in-one marketing automation platform for your budget.
What Is SharpSpring?
As an all-in-one marketing automation platform, SharpSpring offers automation, marketing, CRM, email, and sales tools.
Founded in 1998, SharpSpring has a high standing in the sales and marketing software market.
These are the key features offered in a SharpSpring paid plan:
- Social media management: Maximize your social media potential with SharpSpring Social. You can create automated workflows, curate leads, and even track your ROI from social marketing campaigns.
- Marketing reports: The customized reports allow you to focus on the most relevant metrics.
- Blog: You can write and publish your posts through SharpSpring.
- Landing page creation: Why stop at a blog? Your marketing campaign needs landing pages as well, which you can build within the software.
- VisitorID: This is among SharpSpring’s best features. It helps you track website visitors better.
- Marketing automation: Automate more of your everyday marketing processes with customizable workflows.
- Integrations: SharpSpring integrates with plenty of other tools such as SugarCRM, Salesforce, Formstack, Weebly, Zoho, WordPress, Wufoo, and more.
SharpSpring bases its costs on whether you’re a small-to-medium business (SMB), an enterprise, or an agency.
At 1,000 contacts, SharpSpring’s basic plan starts at $399 a month.
That does include unlimited support and as many users as your company requires, but it still seems awfully steep.
When your company reaches 10,000 contacts, you’re looking at a monthly bill of $899, to begin with.
For 20,000 contacts, SharpSpring costs at least $1,299 a month.
Also, note that all these prices are for annual bills. Monthly plans will cost more.
There are custom plans for enterprises and agencies, but you have to contact them for the prices.
5 SharpSpring Alternatives at Low Cost
The five SharpSpring alternatives we’re recommending are all much more cost-effective for small businesses.
Despite that, you’re not losing out on software quality or features.
You’re usually supposed to save the best for last, but we couldn’t help starting this list with EngageBay.
This all-in-one sales, marketing, customer service, and CRM software was founded in 2017.
It was pricy platforms like HubSpot and SharpSpring that inspired the launch of EngageBay.
The idea behind EngageBay is to help small businesses grow and scale, and not drain their marketing budget in the process.
EngageBay has four products, but we’ll focus on the All-in-One Suite for comparison with SharpSpring.
With more than 29,500 customers and counting, EngageBay is loved for its rich feature set.
Let’s explore what’s offered in the All-in-One Suite.
- Knowledge Base: Help your customers with a comprehensive knowledge base. This feature can help them search for the information they need from your brand, which can save them the need to contact you.
- Help desk: If your customer has a concern that can’t be addressed through the knowledge base, your help desk is here to step in.
- Live chat: Few companies are staffed 24/7. When your customers need you but you’re closed, a live chat bot fills in the gaps, keeping your customers happy.
- Invoice management: Real-time updates and notifications for perfect invoice management.
- Proposals: As your sales and marketing proposals go live, you can record and manage each of them.
- Email tracking: Track all key performance metrics of your email campaigns.
- Automation: All EngageBay automation is programmable, from simple email follow-ups to complex workflows and everything in between.
- Deal management: For busy salespeople who want to save time and close more deals.
- 360-degree customer view: Learn more about your audience than ever before.
- Lead scoring: To help target audiences better, based on their behavior and win probability score.
- Multichannel engagement: To streamline your customer support and marketing efforts across avenues.
- Forms and pop-ups: Customizable templates and easy builder.
- Landing page builder: Plenty of templates and a drag-and-drop tool to build beautiful landing pages.
EngageBay’s All-in-One Suite has four different pricing plans designed to suit your startup’s budget, whether you’re a brand-new business or a more established one.
Here is more information on each plan and the pricing options.
All-in-One Suite Free Pricing
EngageBay’s Free plan is never a bait-and-switch. Rather, it’s actually free forever.
For $0 a month, you can use these great sales and CRM features:
- Detailed logging of data on companies and contacts
- Predictive lead scoring
- 360-degree contact view
- Deals pipeline management
- Appointment scheduling
- Email tracking with 2-way sync
- Integration with Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365
- Social suite
- Tag management
- Workflow automation
- Employee productivity and task management
- Sales and revenue tracking by project or product
- Live Chat
You can also make the most of these marketing features:
- 500 contacts
- 1,000 branded emails per month
- 1GB of file storage
- Contacts lists
- Web pop-ups
- Email templates and template builder
- Custom fields
- Video marketing
- Desktop notifications
- Landing page builder
- Email sequences
- Contacts segmentation
- Embedded forms
- Facebook Ads
The Basic plan starts at $14.99 per month per user when billed monthly.
You can save 20% with yearly billing, in which case the Basic plan costs $11.99 per month per user. With biennial billing, you’d spend $8.99 per month per user, which is a saving of 40%.
This plan adds many key features to help businesses grow, such as canned responses, desktop notifications, customer service ticket management, ticket macros, and SSL-enabled landing pages.
The Growth plan offers 25,000 branded emails and 50,000 contacts. It’s $39.99 per month per user with annual billing or $29.99 per month per user on the biennial plan.
This popular plan adds automation of your sales and marketing workflows, custom automation and workflow nodes, sales proposals, call reports and scripts, leaderboards and gamification for employee management, custom deal tracks, and email delivery by time zone.
You can also look at a one-on-one comparison of EngageBay’s pricing with SharpSpring here.
The customer service automation platform ActiveCampaign is a second good SharpSpring alternative to have on your list.
Founded in 2003, ActiveCampaign has a little bit of everything your small business needs in the areas of sales, marketing, and service.
Across its platform, ActiveCampaign has these features that rival SharpSpring:
- Contact management: Organize, sort, filter, and segment your contacts no matter where they come from.
- Task assignment: Like its own form of automation, ActiveCampaign’s task management service lets you send tasks and assignments to your sales team that are most relevant based on that sales member’s expertise.
- Team notifications: Never leave your sales team in the dark when you can use ActiveCampaign to notify them as a deal progresses at every turn.
- Integrations: With more than 350 integrations and counting, ActiveCampaign connects with all the sales and marketing tools your startup may already use.
- Engagement tagging: On the marketing side, make the most of a potential lead with engagement tagging.
- Multichannel marketing: Reach out to your audience in novel new ways, including social media, email, and even with customized landing pages or text messages.
- Custom pages and forms: ActiveCampaign lets you customize your landing pages and forms from the ground up so they appeal to your audience segments.
ActiveCampaign has four plans to select from, including Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
ActiveCampaign Lite Pricing
With no free plans, ActiveCampaign’s Lite plan is the least expensive.
It comes packed with these features:
- More than 850 integrations
- Over 500 automation recipes
- 3 users
- Customer analytics
- Sales reporting
- Email autoresponders
- Segmented outreach
- Lead capture forms
- Sales emails
- Automation and campaign reporting
- Event and site tracking
- Subscription forms
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
The Lite plan starts at $9 a month, but that’s only for 500 contacts.
At 1,000 contacts, the plan costs $25 a month, and at 10,000, it’s $125 a month.
The Plus plan adds customer user permissions, advanced reporting, 25 users, customer health scoring, account management, and SMS follow-ups. For 500 contacts, it starts at $49 a month.
The Professional plan comes with three one-on-one training sessions per month, 50 users, in-app messaging, conversion reporting, personalized product experiences, site messages, predictive content, and more. This plan costs $129 for 500 contacts.
For Enterprise pricing, you get custom branding, custom URL, phone support, your own account rep, unlimited users, contact enrichment, custom reporting, unlimited email tests, and more. For 10,000 contacts, it costs $399 a month.
The third SharpSpring alternative is Drip, which is an e-commerce marketing platform for both large and small businesses.
Drip offers decent features:
- Optimization: With workflow split-testing, automatic revenue attribution, and an insights dashboard, optimizing your successes will come easy using Drip.
- Multichannel marketing: Appeal to all your audience segments with multichannel marketing options like SMS, Instagram, Facebook, and email.
- Personalization: Make your communications feel tailor-made for your audience with behavior-based automation, personalized content, and deep lead segmentation.
- Customer data: Leave no stone unturned when it comes to your customers. Drip includes customer data features like customer behavior and tagging.
Drip doesn’t have pricing plans.
Instead, as your account grows, your monthly costs go up, like this:
- Up to 500 contacts: $19 a month
- Up to 2,000 contacts: $29 a month
- Up to 5,000 contacts: $89 a month
- Up to 10,000 contacts: $154 a month
- Up to 20,000 contacts: $289 a month
- Up to 50,000 contacts: $699 a month
For a quick comparison, note that EngageBay’s all-in-one suite costs $39.99 per user per month for 50,000 contacts.
Next is Sendinblue, a SharpSpring alternative based in France that was founded in 2007.
A software-as-a-service or SaaS business with a focus on digital marketing tools, Sendinblue is also renowned for its automation features.
Here’s what you can do with your sales and marketing on Sendinblue.
- Transactional emails: Customize your transactional emails and track their performance.
- Marketing automation: Including both beginner and advanced level automation of workflows.
- Retargeting: Get a second chance at those seemingly lost customers with retargeting display ads.
- Facebook Ads: Sendinblue deploys and tracks your Facebook Ads for metrics that matter.
- Landing page builder and customizable templates.
- Sign-up forms
- SMS marketing
- Email marketing
Are you curious how much it costs per month to use Sendinblue?
Here’s what you need to know.
Sendinblue Free Plan
Yes, Sendinblue has a free plan much like EngageBay does. It’s $0 a month and comes with these features:
- Email campaigns
- Mobile-friendly email designer
- Email template library
- SMS marketing
- SMS and email personalization
- Unlimited deals and contacts
- Advanced lead segmentation
- Custom sign-up forms
- Sales CRM
- 1 shared inbox
- Transactional emails
- Core API
- Advanced templating language
- Workflow editor
- Page tracking
- Marketing automation workflows for 2,000 contacts
- Real-time reporting
Sendinblue Lite Pricing
You’ll probably need a paid Sendinblue plan at some point, perhaps the Lite plan.
It has all the Free features above and adds these:
- Optional A/B testing
- No daily sending limit
- Basic integrations
The Lite plan starts at $25 a month for 10,000 emails.
Sendinblue Premium Pricing
Of the four plans, Premium is Sendinblue’s most popular.
Why? Well, it has these features:
- A/B testing
- Facebook Ads
- Retargeting ads
- 3 shared inboxes
- Unlimited marketing automation workflows
- 3 users
To get started on the Premium plan, it’s $65 a month for 20,000 emails.
The Enterprise plan has everything mentioned above and adds unlimited landing pages, unlimited shared inboxes, dedicated IP, real-time reporting, geography & device reporting, heat map reporting, advanced email stats, and SLA.
For Enterprise pricing, you’ll need to contact Sendinblue.
The fifth SharpSpring alternative on our list is Wishpond, a marketing solution that has generated 75 million leads for its customers.
Is Wishpond the better pick when you compare its software to SharpSpring?
Take a look at Wishpond’s features.
- Marketing automation
- Call tracking
- Forms and pop-ups
- Landing page builder
- Lead management
- Online advertising
- AI-based marketing support
- Integrations with Campaign Monitor, Insightly, Mailchimp, GetResponse, Shopify, Salesforce, and many other tools.
Whatever Wishpond’s pricing plans are, you cannot see that information on their website. You have to speak to their team.
SharpSpring is a great marketing automation software, but it’s not the only one, and it’s certainly not priced for small businesses.
Drip, Wishpond, Sendinblue, and ActiveCampaign are all great alternatives to SharpSpring.
If you want an easy-to-use marketing automation software with affordable pricing for small businesses or startups, it doesn’t get better than EngageBay!
We offer everything in one package so you don’t have to worry about paying extra for necessary tools like CRM, Live Chat, video marketing, or Help Desk.
And, our customer support team is always available to help answer any questions you may have.
Take a look at another comparison post: