SharpSpring is a great sales and marketing automation software, but the $399 price tag for 1,000 contacts does not bode well for small businesses. If you have more than 10,000 thousand contacts, you’ll be paying more than a thousand dollars a month!
That’s out of reach for most small businesses.
So why choose SharpSpring when you have alternatives with better features at a much lower cost?
In this blog post, we’ll compare the features and pricing of six of the best SharpSpring alternatives. You can choose the one that fits your needs perfectly:
What is SharpSpring?
SharpSpring is an all-in-one marketing automation software that offers automation, marketing, CRM, email, and sales tools.
It was founded in 1998 and has a positive reputation in the sales and marketing automation software market.
These are the key features offered in SharpSpring paid plans:
- Social media management: Maximize your social media potential with SharpSpring Social. You can create automated workflows, curate leads, and even track your ROI from social marketing campaigns.
- Marketing reports: The customized reports allow you to focus on the most relevant metrics.
- Blog: You can write and publish your posts through SharpSpring.
- Landing pages creation: Your marketing campaign needs landing pages as well, and the landing page builder lets you do exactly that.
- VisitorID: This is among SharpSpring’s best features. It helps you track website visitors and lets you understand them better.
- Marketing automation: Automate more of your everyday marketing processes with customizable workflows.
- Integrations: SharpSpring integrates with plenty of other tools such as SugarCRM, Salesforce, Formstack, Weebly, Zoho, WordPress, Wufoo, and more.
SharpSpring bases its costs on whether you’re a small-to-medium business (SMB), an enterprise, or an agency.
SharpSpring’s basic plan starts at $399 a month for 1,000 contacts. This plan includes unlimited support and as many users as your company requires, but it still seems steep.
When your company reaches 10,000 contacts, you’re looking at a monthly bill of $899. For 20,000 contacts, SharpSpring costs at least $1,299 a month!
That’s too much for a small business.
Also, note that all these prices are for annual bills. Monthly plans will cost more.
There are custom plans for enterprises and agencies, but you have to contact them for the prices.
Top 6 Cost-Effective SharpSpring Alternatives
The six SharpSpring competitors we’re recommending are all much more cost-effective for small businesses:
Despite that, you’re not losing out on software quality or features.
Let’s dive right in!
You’re usually supposed to save the best for last, but we couldn’t help starting this list with EngageBay.
This all-in-one sales, marketing, customer service, and CRM software was founded in 2017.
It was pricy marketing automation software like HubSpot and SharpSpring that inspired the launch of EngageBay.
The idea behind EngageBay is to help small businesses grow and scale, and not drain their marketing budget in the process.
EngageBay has four products, but we’ll focus on the All-in-One Suite for comparison with SharpSpring.
With more than 230,000 customers and counting, EngageBay is loved for its rich feature set.
Let’s explore what’s offered in the All-in-One Suite.
- Knowledge Base: Help your customers with a comprehensive knowledge base. This feature can help them search for the information they need from your brand, which can save them the need to contact you.
- Helpdesk: If your customer has a concern that can’t be addressed through the knowledge base, your help desk is here to step in.
- Live Chat: Few companies are staffed 24/7. When your customers need you but you’re closed, a live chatbot fills in the gaps, keeping your customers happy.
- Invoice management: Real-time updates and notifications for perfect invoice management.
- Proposals: As your sales and marketing proposals go live, you can record and manage each of them.
- Email tracking: Track all key performance metrics of your email campaigns.
- Automation: All EngageBay automation is programmable, from simple email follow-ups to complex workflows and everything in between.
- Deal management: For busy salespeople who want to save time and close more deals.
- 360-degree customer view: Learn more about your audience than ever before.
- Lead scoring: Predictive lead scoring help target audiences better, based on their behavior and win probability score.
- Multichannel engagement: To streamline your customer support and marketing automation efforts across avenues.
- Forms and pop-ups: Customizable templates and easy builder.
- Landing page builder: Plenty of templates and a drag-and-drop tool to build beautiful landing pages.
EngageBay’s All-in-One Suite has four different pricing plans designed to suit your startup’s budget, whether you’re a brand-new business or a more established one.
Here is more information on each plan and the pricing options.
All-in-One Suite Free Pricing
EngageBay’s Free plan is never a bait-and-switch. Rather, it’s actually free forever.
For $0 a month, you can use these great sales automation and CRM features:
- Detailed logging of data on companies and contacts
- Predictive lead scoring
- 360-degree contact view
- Deals pipeline management
- Appointment scheduling
- Email tracking with 2-way sync
- Integration with Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365
- Social suite
- Tag management
- Workflow automation
- Employee productivity and task management
- Sales and revenue tracking by project or product
- Live Chat
You can also make the most out of these marketing automation features:
- 500 contacts
- 1,000 branded emails per month
- 1 GB of file storage
- Contacts lists
- Web pop-ups
- Email templates and template builder
- Custom fields
- Lead management
- Video marketing
- Desktop notifications
- Landing pages builder
- Email sequences
- Contacts segmentation
- Embedded forms
- Facebook Ads
The Basic plan starts at $14.99 per month and adds many key features to help businesses grow, such as:
- 1,000 contacts
- 3,000 branded emails
- Canned responses
- Desktop notifications
- Customer service ticket management
- Ticket macros
- SSL-enabled landing pages.
The Growth plan offers:
- 10,000 branded emails
- 25,000 contacts
- Sales automation
- Marketing automation workflows
- Custom automation and workflow nodes
- Sales proposals
- Call reports and scripts
- Leaderboards and gamification
- Custom deal tracks
- Timezone-based email delivery
The Pro plan offers a suite of powerful and advanced tools for businesses that need more pizzaz.
The best part? It costs just under $100!
This plan offers:
- Unlimited contacts
- 50,000 branded emails
- Web analytics
- A dedicated account manager
- Custom reporting
- Proposal analytics
- Call recordings
- Account-based marketing
- Phone support
HubSpot is the go-to platform for larger establishments as it is one of the most trusted CRM software — several global conglomerates use HubSpot to automate their marketing, sales, and customer support tasks.
HubSpot also offers a free CRM to help you get started.
These are HubSpot’s key features for marketers and sales teams:
- Automation: HubSpot offers multilevel automation through its powerful visual workflow builder
- Editing: With its drag-and-drop page editing and design tool, you can launch visually stunning landing pages and email campaigns. For more control, HubSpot also offers the option to add code.
- All-in-one: HubSpot’s all-in-one software eliminates the need for multiple standalone platforms, as it gives a 360-degree view of all your customers.
- Segmentation: HubSpot lets you list contacts based on various factors. This helps you build personalized and customized campaigns for your leads.
HubSpot CRM offers three plans: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise.
The Starter plan costs $50/month for 1,000 contacts and includes:
- Email marketing platform
- Ad management
- Landing pages
- Team email
- Email reply tracking
- Custom user permissions
- User management
The Professional plan starts at $1,600/month and offers:
- Product library
- Standard SSL certificate
- A/B testing
- Up to 10 teams
- Website traffic analytics
The Enterprise plan costs $5,000/month for 10,000 contacts and adds:
- Shared inboxes
- Quote-based workflows
- Conversation intelligence
- Admin notifications
- Recurring revenue tracking
Keap is an excellent Sharpspring alternative for entrepreneurs looking to “grow sales and save time with automation.”
The platform offers a drag-and-drop interface, making it easy for you to scale business operations.
These are the best Keap features:
- Easy-to-use: Keap’s marketing and sales automation tools are intuitive and easy to use.
- Contact management: Keap lets you import contacts from spreadsheets, business cards, and custom forms on web pages. It also offers powerful segmentation, custom views, filters, and tags.
- Lead generation: This includes tools such as lead scoring, intelligent search, lead capture forms, and contact forms.
- Engagement: Keap offers a suite of engagement features to help you nurture leads using sales funnels, automated drip campaign management, and A/B testing.
- Advanced reporting: You get a plethora of reporting tools, ranging from email reports, dashboards, and KPIs.
Keap offers three plans: Lite, Pro, and Max.
The Lite plan starts at $59/month for 500 contacts and offers:
- Contact management
- Contact segmentation
- Saved searches
- Capture forms
- Custom fields
The Pro plan starts at $129/month for 500 contacts and offers:
- B2B management
- Landing pages
- Sales pipeline
- A/B testing
The Max plan starts at $199/month for 500 contacts and includes:
- Customizable dashboards
- Pipeline automation
- One-click upsell and cross-sell
- Sales funnels
- Lead scoring
The marketing automation platform ActiveCampaign is another excellent SharpSpring alternative.
Founded in 2003, ActiveCampaign has a little bit of everything your small business needs in the areas of sales, marketing, and service.
ActiveCampaign has these features that make it a better alternative to SharpSpring.
- Contact management: Organize, sort, filter, and segment your contacts no matter where they come from.
- Task assignment: ActiveCampaign’s task management service lets you send tasks and assignments to your sales team based on the member’s expertise and the task’s relevancy.
- Team notifications: You can notify your team members of new tasks, deals, and changes through notifications and emails.
- Integrations: With more than 800 integrations and counting, ActiveCampaign connects with most sales and marketing automation tools your startup may already use.
- Engagement tagging: On the marketing automation side, improve the conversion chances of a potential lead with engagement tagging.
- Multichannel marketing: Reach out to your audience in novel new ways, including social media, email, customized landing pages, and text messages.
- Custom pages and forms: ActiveCampaign lets you customize your landing pages and forms from the ground up so they appeal to your audience segments.
ActiveCampaign has four plans to select from, including Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
ActiveCampaign Lite Pricing
With no free plans, ActiveCampaign’s Lite plan is the least expensive.
The Lite plan starts at $9 a month for 500 contacts and comes packed with these features:
- More than 850 integrations
- Over 500 automation recipes
- 3 users
- Customer analytics
- Sales reporting
- Email autoresponders
- Segmented outreach
- Lead capture forms
- Sales emails
- Automation and campaign reporting
- Event and site tracking
- Subscription forms
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
At 1,000 contacts, the plan costs $29 a month, and at 10,000, the plan costs $139 a month.
The Plus plan starts at $49/month for 500 contacts and adds:
- Customer user permissions
- Advanced reporting
- 25 users
- Customer health scoring
- Account management
- SMS follow-ups
The Professional plan costs $149/month for 500 contacts and comes with:
- Three one-on-one training sessions per month
- 50 users
- In-app messaging
- Conversion reporting
- Personalized product experiences
- Site messages
- Predictive content
The Enterprise plan costs $259/month for 500 contacts and offers:
- Custom branding
- Custom URL
- Phone support
- Your own account rep
- Unlimited users
- Contact enrichment
- Custom reporting
- Unlimited email tests
The next SharpSpring alternative is Drip, which is an e-commerce marketing automation platform for both large and small businesses.
Drip offers decent features.
- Optimization: With workflow split-testing, automatic revenue attribution, and an insights dashboard, optimizing your successes will come easy.
- Multichannel marketing: Appeal to all your audience segments with multichannel marketing options like SMS, Instagram, and email.
- Personalization: Make your communications feel tailor-made for your audience with behavior-based automation, personalized content, and deep lead segmentation.
- Customer data: Leave no stone unturned when it comes to your customers. Drip includes customer data features like customer behavior tracking and engagement tagging.
Drip doesn’t have pricing plans.
Instead, as your contact list grows, your monthly costs go up:
- Up to 500 contacts: $19 a month
- Up to 2,000 contacts: $29 a month
- Up to 5,000 contacts: $89 a month
- Up to 10,000 contacts: $154 a month
- Up to 20,000 contacts: $289 a month
- Up to 50,000 contacts: $699 a month
For a quick comparison, note that EngageBay’s all-in-one suite costs $99.99 per user per month for unlimited contacts.
Another amazing email marketing tool is Sendinblue, a SharpSpring alternative based in France that was founded in 2007.
A software-as-a-service or SaaS business with a focus on digital marketing automation tools, Sendinblue is also renowned for its automation features.
Here’s what you can do with your sales and marketing on the Sendinblue software.
- Transactional emails: Customize your transactional emails and track their performance.
- Marketing automation: Including both beginner and advanced level automation of workflows. You also get SMS and email marketing, signup forms, and more.
- Retargeting: Get a second chance at those seemingly lost customers with retargeting display ads.
- Facebook Ads: Sendinblue deploys and tracks your ads for metrics that matter.
- Landing page: Sendinblue offers a builder and customizable templates to help you create visually appealing landing pages.
Want to know how much it costs per month to use Sendinblue?
Here’s what you need to know about the software.
Sendinblue Free Plan
Yes, Sendinblue has a free plan just like EngageBay does, and offers these features:
- Email campaigns
- Mobile-friendly email designer
- Email template library
- SMS marketing
- SMS and email personalization
- Unlimited deals and contacts
- Advanced lead segmentation
- Custom sign-up forms
- Sales CRM system
- 1 shared inbox
- Transactional emails
- Core API
- Advanced templating language
- Workflow editor
- Page tracking
- Marketing automation workflows for 2,000 contacts
- Real-time reporting
Sendinblue Lite Pricing
You’ll probably need a paid Sendinblue plan at some point, perhaps the Lite plan.
It has all the Free features above and adds these:
- Optional A/B testing
- No daily sending limit
- Basic integrations
The Lite plan starts at $25 a month for 20,000 emails.
Sendinblue Premium Pricing
Of the four plans, Premium is Sendinblue’s most popular.
Why? Well, it has these features:
- A/B testing
- Social media Ads
- Retargeting ads
- 3 shared inboxes
- Unlimited marketing automation workflows
- 3 users
The Premium plan starts at $65 a month for 20,000 contacts. This affordable pricing is what makes Sendinblue one of the most-affordable Sharpsring competitors.
The Enterprise plan has everything mentioned above and adds:
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited shared inboxes
- Dedicated IP
- Real-time reporting
- Geography & device reporting
- Heat map reporting
- Advanced email stats
For Enterprise pricing, you’ll need to contact Sendinblue.
SharpSpring is a good marketing automation software, but it’s not the only one, and it’s certainly not priced for small businesses.
Drip, HubSpot, Keap, Sendinblue, and ActiveCampaign are all great SharpSpring alternatives. But for small businesses, it doesn’t get better than EngageBay. See why:
SharpSpring charges you $399 a month for 1,000 contacts. Once your company grows and you have about 20,000 contacts, you’ll need to dish out a whopping $1,299 a month!
In contrast, EngageBay costs $14 a month for 1,000 contacts. Need 25,000 contacts? You pay just $50 a month.
This means Shapspring costs 3,000% more (and gives you 5,000 contacts less still).
And the icing on top of your budget cake: you only have to pay $99 a month for the Pro plan, and you get unlimited contacts!
Sign up now and take your business to new heights!
You can also book a 30-minute demo with our experts at a time of your convenience.